HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

I found my silkies in New Albany. The lady that had them only lives five minutes away. She had some very nice adults, she had to splashes and I had never seen them before.

80$ is higher then a lot of states from what little research I have done.

The temp in the coop is 90 degrees at 4:30 pm. The problem is we lost the trees around the old lean to when we had Ike blow through then the ice storm. I didn't realize how unprotected from the sun the coop would be.

New here, only been on for a few days, only owned chicks for a few days. I have what I believe to be partridge and blue partridge silkies but not for sure. I am looking to add a few more silkies to my flock, any local breeders or does anyone know of any in Southern Indiana. I love the black, but I can't find any. Can anyone help me out. Here are my chicks.

I have quite a bit for sale.

3 blue showgirl, 1 splash silkie and 1 blue silkie chick $5 each or all 5 for $20 Just hatched this week.

7 Aseel chicks $5 each or all 7 for $30

4 blueshowgirl hens (last years hatch) $25 each or all 4 for $80

4 silkie cockrels
2 paints $40 each or both for $60
1 black he came from a paint silkie project $10
1 white if you look close he has a few dark feathers he also cam from a silkie paint project $10

5 bantam ameraucana chicks ABOUT 3 MONTHS 1 is a frizzle and 2 came from our frizzle hen but didn't frizzle, but they do have feathers on their legs $20 I know one is a cockrel, but others are probly pullets

2 LF Buff Brahmas cockrels, around 5 months both for $15

Serama cockrel $10

Bantam buttercup cockrel $10

2 bantam columbian rock cockrels $5 each

I am looking for 3 or 4 black or buff silkie pullets. My babies are only a week old and I have 3 roos and 3 pullets, that is why I want 3 or 4 more. Not sure how far away you are either, do you ship your chicks or be willing to meet somewhere?

Color really doesn't matter to me that much, they are just for pets anyways. I just need to have girls and not boys, 3 boys is more than enough and might have to get rid of 1 or 2.

I am looking for 3 or 4 black or buff silkie pullets. My babies are only a week old and I have 3 roos and 3 pullets, that is why I want 3 or 4 more. Not sure how far away you are either, do you ship your chicks or be willing to meet somewhere?
We don't ship chicks. I'm in greencastle, In. The chicks listed are sold, but I might have more in next weeks hatch. I do have a question for you, If your chicks are only a week old, how do you know the sexes??. I've had some I couldn't sex til 5 months old.Silkies are extremely hard to sex, unless one crows early. I've don't know anyone that can sex week old silkies.. Sure wish I could though !! LOL !!

Last edited:
I guess the lady I got them from bought them sexed, not sure. She just said I had 3 of each. Can you tell by looking what color they might be? I believe the 2 darker ones are partridge but not sure about the lighter colored ones. I don't know if I have what she says but I really don't care, just want a couple more chicks but don't really want roos.

Back
Top Bottom