Horrible Sheep Year!!!

Fluff-n-Feathers

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
barnie.gif
he.gif
rant.gif

GAA! I dont know about anyone else with sheep, but this year is the worst lambing season ever!! We have one more ewe that we bred that hasn't given birth yet (but we don't think she is pregnant) and we have had 5 deaths and only 7 still alive, two of which were rejected by their moms so they are now bottle babies. That isn't the worst part though, they are all... RAMS!!!!
somad.gif

No offense to any guys out there, but with sheep we cannot use a ram for showmanship and if we castrate them, we cannot show them for breed. Not only that, because of all this,
1) I now have to show the crazy ewe i showed last year because of no new ewe lambs
and
2) my 4-H leader is now not going to breed next year due to the glut of ram lambs
Oh, and another thing,
they are almost all black!! we usually get all sorts of cool color vairations in their wool, but not this year.
I do not know why or how this happened this year, maybe because of the weather, maybe because of the planets or whatever, but all around this has been the worse lambing season EVER!!!
hide.gif

smack.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom