Horse stall converted to chicken coop

Chicky85254

Songster
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
AZ & CA
I'm open to any helpful suggestions. I'm already aware that the run needs to be covered to protect from hawks and am working on getting netting! Anything else?

The interior. It also has a raised wooden floor, since it's an irrigated lot and the dirt floor of the stall tended to get a little muddy. Plus I figured it would help keep anything from digging under to get them.
New_Inside.jpg

The roost. It's 3' high. Is this too high for Silkies?
Roost.jpg

The autodoor
Inside_Opening.jpg

The autodoor in use
Chickens_in_the_Middle_11.jpg

The attached run
Run2.jpg

Our little flock
9wkchicks.jpg

Roo
Rooster.jpg

Silkies.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png
They are about 9 weeks old. I ordered the variety package of bantams from MPC, which was supposed to ensure 4 breeds of chicks....but from what I can guess so far I have 2 silkies, 3 EE's (1white, 1 blue, 1partridge-ish?), and 2 BRs. Regardless, I'm happy with the mix. I keep scouting for my next batch though!
wink.png

I wasn't sure if I should put nesting boxes in yet?? What size for Bantams? How high off the ground, since there are silkies?

Last edited:
Yeah, the only real problem I'm having with this...is winter is quickly approaching (albeit, it IS Arizona) and I wanted to bring my horses back. We had hoped to have a new barn built for the horses by now....and the city hasn't even approved it yet!
barnie.gif

Sooooo...if I bring them home, at least one horse is going to be stall-less!
lau.gif

Quote:
Thanks, I wish I could take credit for the work, but all I did was give directions about what I wanted! :|

I DID design the roost though!
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom