Pics
Yes! Foal coats are just that, and then the adult color appears as the foal coat sheds out, or is shaved.
Also, greys arrive some base color, and develop gray over time. Very occasionally a foal will arrive gray, it's rare. And not to be confused with roan, a different story entirely.
Mary
P1010002.JPG

Here's Magic as a very young foal, with her mama.
P1010009.JPG

Here she is a few months later. She's brown. Her dam was dark bay, her sire black. You can see the last of her baby coat, not totally gone.
IMG_0237_Moment (2).jpg

Here she is, with her sister, a couple of weeks ago. Both are brown. In Arabian circles, maybe called black, but actually these mares are brown. Those beautiful spring coats will fade in the summer sun, but now are really dark.
Mary

Yes! Foal coats are just that, and then the adult color appears as the foal coat sheds out, or is shaved.
Also, greys arrive some base color, and develop gray over time. Very occasionally a foal will arrive gray, it's rare. And not to be confused with roan, a different story entirely.
MaryView attachment 3181598
Here's Magic as a very young foal, with her mama.
View attachment 3181612
Here she is a few months later. She's brown. Her dam was dark bay, her sire black. You can see the last of her baby coat, not totally gone.
View attachment 3181615
Here she is, with her sister, a couple of weeks ago. Both are brown. In Arabian circles, maybe called black, but actually these mares are brown. Those beautiful spring coats will fade in the summer sun, but now are really dark.
Mary
Oh wow that’s fascinating! I didn’t realize they changed so much! Thanks ❤️

I haven’t started yet. Just wondering for when I do. And I read that western saddles usually weigh around 50 lbs and English 20 lbs??? But idk how true that is if at all.
Any western saddle I've ever lifted has been a lot less than fifty pounds. English saddles are lighter than western, but I'm not sure of the exact weight.
My saddle probably weighs like 20 pounds but it is lighter made so if you have a bigger one like my dad or grampa does probably talking maybe 45 lbs that's the biggest ones we have

Back
Top Bottom