He is very good looking!
Trying to cheer you up a bit; he's not yet gelded, there's no mention of his height, and maybe a little tied in at the knees?
There! Feeling better? :plbb
Mary

Thank you!! Very helpful! :p

Plus he looks very feisty LOL

Says he’s super sweet and great personality and stuff but looks pretty hyper to me. :lau :oops:

Arabians are shown 'up', the opposite of that 'relaxed', nearly asleep look that the QH people prefer. He may be a very sweet guy, as advertised, given that he's an idiot two year old colt...
Mary

Our first colt was gelded a bit late, at 18 months of age, and he was a pretty nice guy. As a colt, he spent a lot of time on his hind legs, playing with our other horses. Three weeks after his surgery, no more rearing!
There's a reason it's called 'brain surgery'!
Mary

Years later we had another colt here, and he was done right after weaning. :)
Mary

Thanks!! This is very helpful!! I knew they were a bit more spirited than other horses but didn’t realize they were quite so much so lol

Of course some of that is probably that he’s a colt lol

Love- looks stereo typical Arabian. :love Beautiful, and nice photos of a handsome bugger. I am sure he will make someone very happy, tired, poor... but happy. My DH would love him... :rolleyes:
I liked that little mare a bit more... she's pretty cute.

Love- looks stereo typical Arabian. :love Beautiful, and nice photos of a handsome bugger. I am sure he will make someone very happy, tired, poor... but happy. My DH would love him... :rolleyes:
I liked that little mare a bit more... she's pretty cute.

I agree!! I thought the mare was absolutely adorable. :love

I really want her LOL

And yes that little boy will make someone very tired. :lau

I agree!! I thought the mare was absolutely adorable. :love

I really want her LOL

And yes that little boy will make someone very tired. :lau
Yes, she is certainly the (better) safer bet IMO. Looking at horses for sale is fun/dreamy. Did you say you had a barn close by that you could visit and get some horse time in? I sure would think it awesome to have a nice gal like you around a barn for sure.

Yes, she is certainly the (better) safer bet IMO. Looking at horses for sale is fun/dreamy. Did you say you had a barn close by that you could visit and get some horse time in? I sure would think it awesome to have a nice gal like you around a barn for sure.

Plus she’s adorable to boot! Lol

And it really is!! Only trouble is so want them all. :lau

We have tons around here. Rather than having a problem finding them we actually have a problem narrowing it down and choosing one. :lau :oops:

And aww thank you!! That’s very sweet!!!

I know there's a lot of threads on horses already but I don't think most are active anymore cause I replied to a bunch so I figured I'd make my own.

I don't own any horses yet but I want to eventually. I don't think I will on this property or anytime soon because I'm trying to save to move out soon and also we have close neighbors in the back. Although the horses would not be in the back and we do have almost 3 acres, most of which is lawn, so more than enough room for one or two, or some minis, but like I said, trying to save up for other stuff atm. I have always loved horses though and will own them eventually.

That does bring up another question though... are horses really as expensive as everyone says they are?

I think for now I might start lessons again or leasing. I used to ride when I was a kid and then started again like 4 years ago but I stopped again. I would like to start riding again.

I do have another question though: recently I've been kind of afraid that a horse is gonna like seriously injure me or something. I guess with calmer, less hot horses there's less risk but still, idk.

But my biggest issue is the few times I went trail riding, even on the calmest horse, I would always worry the horse was acting up or doing something wrong even if he like moved his head. Now, of course, it did get worse after I fell off* so maybe I just need more practice. Sometimes he did get a little bad though like when the others would canter ahead he wanted to go and would speed up and he hated being alone so maybe I need an even calmer one.

I guess the question is is it even possible to safely trail ride with anxiety or any horse or would I make them nervous and act up because I'm nervous?

Anyway, anyone have horses?

*Was not his fault, we went up a slight kinda gravelly/rocky hill, wasn't even really a hill, more like a little bank, and I didn't have a good seat so I fell off. He was actually concerned about me and waited instead of running off so I know he wasn't being fresh, at least that's what my instructor said. He would've been down the trail if he was. I felt bad for him actually cause he didn't understand why suddenly I was on the ground and crying lol I got back on and rode back to the barn though (thankfully not far). He tried to take care of his rider.
Not being afraid/anxious is not your goal, your goal is to PRETEND that you aren't anxious. The more you practice, the easier it will be!

Back
Top Bottom