Pics
More lessons, more time in the saddle! And no horse wants to be left behind, away from his herd. Polite and horse smart riders would never leave one of their group alone, and canter off like that!
Horses are smart enough to know how unsure and nervous you are, and will get more upset. Best to dismount if things are 'going south' rather than getting dumped.
Hope you are always wearing a helmet!!!
The purchase price is the down payment: figure feed, hoof trimming, routine medical care, insurance upgrades, and have an emergency fund for those unexpected difficulties.
You might consider leasing a nice horse at your trainer's, or at a nice barn with an indoor arena, at least at first.
'Almost three acres', including your house, won't give a lot of room for two horses, unless they are very small. Good fencing and a run-in shed, great. Where will you ride? Out there alone won't be all that much fun, or very safe.
Now that I'm older, I no longer am riding, although we still have four horses. Pasture pets! Sensible? Not!
Mary

Not being afraid/anxious is not your goal, your goal is to PRETEND that you aren't anxious. The more you practice, the easier it will be!

More lessons, more time in the saddle! And no horse wants to be left behind, away from his herd. Polite and horse smart riders would never leave one of their group alone, and canter off like that!
Horses are smart enough to know how unsure and nervous you are, and will get more upset. Best to dismount if things are 'going south' rather than getting dumped.
Hope you are always wearing a helmet!!!
The purchase price is the down payment: figure feed, hoof trimming, routine medical care, insurance upgrades, and have an emergency fund for those unexpected difficulties.
You might consider leasing a nice horse at your trainer's, or at a nice barn with an indoor arena, at least at first.
'Almost three acres', including your house, won't give a lot of room for two horses, unless they are very small. Good fencing and a run-in shed, great. Where will you ride? Out there alone won't be all that much fun, or very safe.
Now that I'm older, I no longer am riding, although we still have four horses. Pasture pets! Sensible? Not!
Mary
Thank you both!!! Unfortunately I haven’t really ridden in several years now and we also had to move about two years ago so we’re no longer at that house. So even if I wanted horses, it wouldn’t be possible here as the yard is even smaller lol plus I don’t have anywhere near enough money for a horse or two. I am hoping eventually I can lease or at least start lessons again though. But I don’t really have enough money for that either. :hit but yes, always wore a helmet and always will!!

Back
Top Bottom