Pics
Awesome! I’ve heard they’re very smart and take care of their handlers too. They have a bad reputation as being crazy but they’re not. Or at least not certain lines. I think the Egyptian ones???? Emma just doesn’t like the weird face shape.
I used to ride a polish Arabian and he was something... but I loved him

From age 3 to 12 years old my father had a horse. a pure bred Arabian horse. We were member of an exclusive horse riding club with over 200 hoses from around the world.

This horse riding club was one of the clubs visited and supported by Shah of Iran ( who was in love with horse riding).

Once a year there was an international horse jumping competition and most of the time the winners of that competition were the same as the winners of world cup winner or even once an Olympic winner.

My father's friend horse was the sun of the Montreal Olympic Gold winner of 1976.

I was not allowed to ride our horse . He was not easy to handle even for my dad especially after I witnessed my friend's mother fall from horse . she was paralyzed for the rest of her life.

I was a kid when the Islamic revolution happened and the club was closed overnight.

so my memory of horses is like thousands of them from 3 to 11 and none after 11.

My plan:
When I move to my homestead I will buy a 12 year old or so semi retired horse that has been there and has done everything before me.
The one that is not for sale but is for sale because the owner needs to sell him/her but wants a safe place for his horse to stay for the rest of life. I want that mellow horse that is happy to give a mellow ride every now and then and enjoy the outside for the rest of his/her time.

You just need to see more English riders! Go on YouTube and look at Elisa Wallace channel. She's a top-level Eventer rider (English) who's competed at the most prestigious evens in the USA and England.
She adopts wild Mustangs and trains them to be Eventers, also adopts young Thoroughbreds right off the racetrack and trains them as well. She's won various Mustang training challenges, you would love the videos of her jumping her adopted Mustangs bareback without bridles or saddles.
She uses rope halters with all of her horses, even the super-trained top-level ones.
Wow that's cool thank you

Aren’t nylon halters safer than rope halters?

I personally use the nylon ones because they’re easier to snap if something happened. But that also comes with a downside
Lol
583F6394-0984-492B-88F2-7FA2EA1A8614.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom