Everything getting stupid expensive....as if horses weren't ALREADY expensive enough! I got my 3 mares' teeth floated today. A gut punch at $350. :eek:
Ouch! But think of the wasted feed and supplements you'll save, now that your ladies are getting the full benefit of their dinners. Our Joey had to have major dental work, including pulled teeth, but once the pain was taken care of, he was able to eat normally, again. Our feed lasted all month instead of 18 days and he finally started putting on and keeping his weight. We thought we were losing him, but he's still doing well three years later (at 36+!)

Everything getting stupid expensive....as if horses weren't ALREADY expensive enough! I got my 3 mares' teeth floated today. A gut punch at $350. :eek:
I just got teeth done a few weeks ago. Only had one floated. Should have had all of them done. Farm call is now $90!! Float is only $65 though. Plus sedation and exam fee. I paid $217 for one.

I just got teeth done a few weeks ago. Only had one floated. Should have had all of them done. Farm call is now $90!! Float is only $65 though. Plus sedation and exam fee. I paid $217 for one.
Mine was $100/horse plus $50 travel fee. That also includes sedation... Emmy (Paint) and Dapples (thoroughbred) are old ladies. They needed it the most. We normally do them yearly but Covid messed up the schedule. Dapples had a base fracture of her back molar but luckily nothing loose or infected. Bella is 13 yo thoroughbred. She had her teeth done last spring at the trainer's barn so hers were virtually perfect. Our guy is also very quick and efficient. He was in and out in an hour. Not bad for 3 horses...

My vet's name is Dr. Toothman (LOL) and he's quite quick as well. I had a full exam done as my old lady has lost some muscle mass. Without the exam, it would have been $175 I believe. Which is up from $145. I'd love to have your prices! His prices are as fair as you're going to get here for horses. I used to use Blue Ridge Equine. They specialize in horses only. They did a great job with my old lady when she had her big accident, but that was a $1k bill and it was just stitches and drains. I can't afford them anymore. Love my current vet. Been using him for the last 7 years now.

My vet's name is Dr. Toothman (LOL) and he's quite quick as well. I had a full exam done as my old lady has lost some muscle mass. Without the exam, it would have been $175 I believe. Which is up from $145. I'd love to have your prices! His prices are as fair as you're going to get here for horses. I used to use Blue Ridge Equine. They specialize in horses only. They did a great job with my old lady when she had her big accident, but that was a $1k bill and it was just stitches and drains. I can't afford them anymore. Love my current vet. Been using him for the last 7 years now.
Yeah... I envy your access to phenomenal shows and trainers and clinics but I am unbelievably grateful we aren't cursed with your cost to play.... The east coast definitely makes me feel like Oliver Twist.... 😂

Back
Top Bottom