Also, you all have been disscusing halters. Rope vs. Regular. We have both halters. I like the rope halters because they do apply pressure to the nose. Our mare is very fast paced, so pulling the lead/ shaking it will slow her down. I like the regular because when you are tacking up, all you have to do is unclip, put around neck, clip again. Also, I was raised on English, so I'm definitly NOT biased...
Definitely pros and cons to both it seems!

Number one (5 year old mare) would be a nice little prospect. She is built right and a good height for a kid or small adult once broke out. She would make a good 4H prospect or some type of working horse (barrels, roping, etc). She's also registered which is nice. I also like that she has had one owner. Hasn't been passed around. I actually would consider buying her if I was looking. She would be a good one to break out and get safe and find a forever home for.

Number two (flashy 17 year old gelding) I personally wouldn't be interested in. The fact that she said "he needs someone who understands thoroughbreds", but is not coming out and saying what his quirks or issues are makes me think he has some issues. And for his age, it wouldn't be worth the time to retrain for me. He is also a little ribby in some of the pics so to me, he looks like he is a hard keeper as well. I tend to stay away from thoroughbreds just because the ones I have had ate triple what my QH's ate and training them seemed to take a lot longer. They didn't pick up on things quite easily or quickly as I would have liked.

Number three (paso fino) I would have no interest in. I don't really know much about his breed, I know the common things about paso fino's but other than that I just know he wouldn't be suitable for anything I would do with him. He seems like a decent little horse with right rider. Makes me wonder if he is a little quirky under saddle but with the right person that's not usually a big deal if they can connect and get with each other.

Number four (Cremello mare) is cute! If someone got her a little more broke under saddle and safe she'd make a great kids pony!
Thank you! This is really helpful!

I just wanted to show off Raven's new gear I bought her this year! I absolutely love it!

Attachments

• raven 6.jpg
    raven 6.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 5
  • raven7.jpg
    raven7.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom