In todays market, I would say about $5,000 is the average price mark for a decent horse. We just bought our 4 year cow bred mare for $4,000. She is registered and has worked the feed lots in Oklahoma. She is originally from Texas. As a 4 year old she is pretty laid back and has been exposed to quite a bit in her life already. She isn't afraid of much of anything.

You can find grade horses for $2500-$3500 but you are taking a gamble on the age. The market is just crazy right now. I would say if you don't have at least $5,000 in your pocket, you are going to have to settle for something that needs a little more work, is grade, and may have a few quirks. Which is fine, I just recently bought a grade mare for cheap and she is actually pretty cool! Horses are always a gamble.
This is all pretty interesting!

I would say if you don't have at least $5,000 in your pocket, you are going to have to settle for something that needs a little more work, is grade, and may have a few quirks.
That's interesting, thank you. That's probably the average price around here as well, but for that price you don't get a horse who is registered, who has done any work at all, any training even, for $5000. More like $12.000. People are selling grade yearlings, claiming awesome Lusitano or Andalusian breeding when they;re really Aztecas, for $5000 for an untrained yearling.

That's interesting, thank you. That's probably the average price around here as well, but for that price you don't get a horse who is registered, who has done any work at all, any training even, for $5000. More like $12.000. People are selling grade yearlings, claiming awesome Lusitano or Andalusian breeding when they;re really Aztecas, for $5000 for an untrained yearling.
Those breeds seem to be expensive in general regardless of location. They are def selling for much higher with very little training. A lot of drafts and draft crosses are as well.

$5,000 around here will get you a started under saddle QH registered or a been there done that grade horse.

If you want a been there done that registered QH, you are looking at anywhere from $8,000-$15,000 depending on discipline, breeding, age, ect.

Those breeds seem to be expensive in general regardless of location. They are def selling for much higher with very little training. A lot of drafts and draft crosses are as well.

$5,000 around here will get you a started under saddle QH registered or a been there done that grade horse.

If you want a been there done that registered QH, you are looking at anywhere from $8,000-$15,000 depending on discipline, breeding, age, ect.
Some of the QHs here were in the 20s and 30s thousands 😭😭😭

I believe. The real nice barrel horses near me that are papered and ready to haul are in the same price range. It is insane.
It really is insane! Especially since these were just trail horses, nothing special like barrel or cow horses or anything. Although they were “been there done that”, bombproof type horses and I guess a lot of people are looking for that and for just a sane, safe, trail horse so they can get away with those prices. But still

Back
Top Bottom