Hot2Pot's Grandchick Thread... chick brother/sister chat~a~long!!! (:

hugs.gif
I'm so sad on your behalf, Chick-Among-Us.

Love your polish, RhinoMD. That is such a beautiful bird. I need a polish I think.

LOVE that polish!!!
I got two! one from the P3 pen at hot2pots and one mystery polish that is a fuzzy yellow one here are some pics of them knockin around in the incy...
The BA and a polish...

polish what color is this blue??

our baby brooder
gig.gif

our neato OTHER brooder...where fuzzies go after the baby brooder...after about a week or so...they get to go HERE!!!

STILL PAINTING!

Chick-among-us ~~ those are awesome brooders! Mine is a gigantic rubbermaid in the dining room lol

Loving all the fuzzy butts! I am going to take some more pictures today, seeing as how they are all two days old now (for the most part)...

Awe thanks and Also thank everyone who offered kind words over the little ones... I am having tons of fun though with the survivors though....And we have ordered more eggs and we are doing the valentines day swap. ANd got new Thermo's! I got my awsome camera I got for christmas out and took pictures of our brooder FULL o' babies! They are assorted bantams even a frizzle (not from hot) BUT ever SO cute! ~Cyndy

A couple more pictures now that the fuzzy butts are 4 days old...

The two EE's, born one day apart...

BO, one on left born on day 20, one on right born on day 21...

GLW...The one on the left is Hoppy, and other is sibling born the day before. He was born with umbilical hernia and cord wrapped around his leg, but is doing well now

My darkest GLW, peeking over the edge to look at the dogs...lol

Well, Hot2Pot's babies are one week old... so here's some more pictures....

The Buff Orpingtons...

The light colored GLW...

The dark GLW...

And my cute little Easter Eggers....

Sorry about the poo, they like to do the deed on fabric apparently....hahaha

They are so cute, Ambrosia. Your lighter "golden laced wyandottes" seem even lighter than mine.

As much as I adore my chickens, I have come to the conclusion that they are pooping machines, so I'm not surprised they messed up their photo shoot.

I have very sad news. My dh was trying to do chick physical therapy for me this morning so I could sleep in. He found that her leg had stiffened up to where he couldn't get her leg to bend the way it was supposed to. She also couldn't stand up at all. As he watched, he also saw that the other chickens were really starting to peck at her and pick on her. He was carrying her around to keep her away from them, and she actually seemed to be relieved that she was out of the tank and off her feet. He knew I'd been toying with the idea of euthanizing her, and after spending some time with her this morning, strongly felt this was the most humane thing for her. He woke me up and told me his thoughts, and we culled her together. I'm really sad, but I really do think it was the kindest thing for her.

Well We had a disaster! 25 eggs went into lockdown of hot2pots. ALL were alive! There are 7 babies that are fine. ALL the rest were dead...The BAs (2) were pipping then zipping, we were WATCHING them... and they got quiet.... well they had been working hard going STRONG thought they were napping...one I went in to take a shower figured when I came out it would be out...nope it had died, the shell was full of foamy bubbles.I guess it drowned as those weren't there when I went into the shower. Then the other one was zipping along so I stay here with it, since I thought maybe it is a BA thing, thought maybe IT was napping, no bubble,s surely it was fine...nope dead,dies right in front of me!. Well I know one of the silkies was alive it was rocking the shell and tapping...and cheeping. Never even pipped. This was the saddest day ever and there is a story for all of them...I did eggtopsies on all of them a couple wouldnt have made it, due to being in the wrong position and pipped into the wrong end, but wow this was horrible...FIRST we had PO soccer with these eggs...

THEN Well we have figured LOW temps are the culprit. WE THOUGHT our thermometer was right but when we calibrated it this morning trying to find an answer, we found out that it was two dgrees off! WE thought it was at 100 it was really at 98%
he.gif
I couldnt believe it and our hatches before worked out fine except for some dirty eggs that we got free so we tried them! I feel so guilty! and my heart is sick! I STILL don't understand about the BA's they were fine!
We DO have 7 beautiful grandchicks for HOT2POT...None of this is the fault of her,her shipping was emaculate and packaging was perfect and EVEN tho the PO must have tried to scramble (and did)those eggs not one got broke! After we culled the bad eggs we still had 25 good ones...Then our thermometor decided to take a humungous crap on us.
Life goes on...Even when we are sad...We now know what to do to fix it
The fuzzies are running around in the bator learning to walk and zoom and fall backwards(they do that one really good!) and fluff before heading to the baby brooder While I am STILL painting the big brooder I am grateful for the two little polish,One L/S,One BA,3 BO I will send pics of your grandchicks as soon as they fluff!

I can feel your pain on that one.... I had 18 babies hatch 2 were not dry so I opted to leave them all in the hatcher..... came in the next morning.... ALL DEAD!!!!! the hatcher was 113*
hit.gif
no survivors. I had 12 leghorn/EE crosses (layer flock) and 4 lav split/2 lav Ameraucanas. From now on when they are dry they go in the brooder NO EXCEPTIONS, EVER AGAIN!

I have some of Hot2Pots babies in the incubator now, going into lockdown on Wednesday.
fl.gif
I fixed the hatcher issue I hope. We put a new WHT in friday and yesterday it was rock steady yesterday. I have DB, BR and SLW

They are so cute, Ambrosia. Your lighter "golden laced wyandottes" seem even lighter than mine.

As much as I adore my chickens, I have come to the conclusion that they are pooping machines, so I'm not surprised they messed up their photo shoot.

I have very sad news. My dh was trying to do chick physical therapy for me this morning so I could sleep in. He found that her leg had stiffened up to where he couldn't get her leg to bend the way it was supposed to. She also couldn't stand up at all. As he watched, he also saw that the other chickens were really starting to peck at her and pick on her. He was carrying her around to keep her away from them, and she actually seemed to be relieved that she was out of the tank and off her feet. He knew I'd been toying with the idea of euthanizing her, and after spending some time with her this morning, strongly felt this was the most humane thing for her. He woke me up and told me his thoughts, and we culled her together. I'm really sad, but I really do think it was the kindest thing for her.

I hate having to do that with babies.... they worked so hard to get here. But it is really for the best sometimes.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom