House Goose Thread

This is what awaits me now each night when I get home from work. He insists on a 10 minute snuggle the moment I walk in the door
love.gif
(Please pardon my messy appearance LOL)

Instead of buying a walking harness from etsy I decided to make one and it works great, the only problem is that in about a week or so they will outgrow it. And getting a certain size from etsy is getting confusing so I took an old leash cut it up and sewed it together while the gosling was in it so I got the right size.

When I first ordered the Grow With Me harness from Nettie, I waited until my Embden and Runner were the recommended age, 3 weeks. When I put them on, ny Embden was puffing out from the diaper because it was so tiny, despite having ordered the appropriate size for an Embden, and my Runner was so long that hers just dropped right off, despite having bought the one sized for Runners. I later contacted her about it, after deciding they'd need diaper changes too frequently, anyways, and she admitted that she was new to geesenand wasn't sure how to appropriately size them(since she has no geese). Since then I always use a fabric measuring tape and measure out my geese for diapers to ensure it will fit them in all the right places. Not sure if her items are still listed with the measuring chart, but I measured based on the chart and sent 'em to her.

Yep. Nettie now has a very detailed measurement guide to ensure the right fit and still allow for some adjustment. Cas grew so fast we waited until now to order his grown up one since his growing has finally slowed a bit now. She's answered every email I've sent (and there have been many!) Always within 24 hours. The measurement guide shows exactly how and where to measure. It's even color coded! He out grew his grow with me one pretty fast so I waited to order his adult one. The deluxe snap open tail design is what I highly recommend. With several snaps on the straps and if you measure correctly it fits great and is adjustable to allow for them to fill out. Just follow the guide to a Tee and you will be pleased with the resulting product. :)

Yes, she is very timely. :) When we sent in our order, Nettie ended up having to attend a wedding, which delayed a lot of orders. We weren't expecting it, but we opened our package we noticed she sent us two clasp on flowers for our diapers for the delay! I loooved them, they even matched the colors I'd used for the diapers! I still have them and out them on Angel's :).. 'cause we thought he was a she, lol.

So, this is the house goose thread! Yay!

So, I started with a Canada gosling, orphaned poor thing, in a tiny 1 bdrm apt with my husband, 4 cats, 3 ferrets, and eventually 2 puppies. Now that was quite the adventure! And now I'm raising 2 more goslings inside. I love birds, but I REALLY love geese. Our Canada gosling was soon fitted for diapers made by me, that were then sutured together for extra security!

Back
Top Bottom