Housing Quail with Chickens?

GoPups

Songster
12 Years
Mar 27, 2007
Memphis, TN
I've recently fallen in love with some Bobwhite Quail, and I'm seriously thinking about getting some. Is it possible to keep two or three of them in a pen with 5 or so hens? Pen will be of adequate size and height, so I'm only wondering how the two different species would do together. Has anyone ever done this? Please speak up! Thanks!
wink.png

I've read its not a good idea. you have to have a compleatly fenced in area. and they startle alot (mine are 4 weeks and if i even pop my head over then brooder they all start flying around LOL. They like to escape as well. you might try this board and ask the same question. (not that BYC isn't good enough you just may get more answers.) C
http://www.thatquailplace.com/index.htm

P.s. I adore my bob white babies. they are the sweetest (although a little flighty) things I've had ours since day old and I loved listening to their sweet singing. not peeps but songs.

Last edited:
I used to do it when I was 16,but I read that you cant keep them together because chickens carry a lot diseases.When I did it I had them in separate cages next to each other

Back
Top Bottom