Houston Chicken Swap Meet, Lets Start One!

The place I live is considered "high crime." But in fact, I never hear gunfire. Unless it's my own that I furtively shoot from time to time. Choppers overhead pretty regularly though. Did you see the report on a bunch of folks trying to make it easier to own hens in Houston? I did. Could have been mentioned already, apologies if so. Getting caught up with the thread. I don't read this nearly as often as I should.

And by the way, hows the EEs? The ones I gave the kid are laying. And darned if one isn't laying a light blue every day! The other, a blue-green sorta.
still no eggs! only got one from penny... i have them in a pen with little wings powder! hoping to get some this spring! we bought 2 more EE chicks sincew then! we will have those under another one of LWs blue OEs!!!
the guys that are pushing the innercity chicken issue are the owners of Quality feed in the heights! ive gone to them since i was a kid!!! good peeps! lol my minorca got a cameo on their news coverage!
your area is concidered "high crime" because of its past... i used to live in that area! well 43d st, the gangs there were always battling and shooting eachother over street corners! things have changed in 10yrs!!!

Is anyone spear-heading this operation or is it still in the talks? I just stumbled across this thread and am totally on board for having something like this!

caf.gif
I read this whole thread and it never did turn into a swap thread. ....I have learned where a few people went to school though
frow.gif
My pens are full! I would have to swap for cash!
wink.png

Some of us are looking to get started...a swap is a swap whether is be for cash or bird/eggs, right?
yup! and dood if you want some good lookin birds.... little wing has some lookers! i have 2 of his boys! one over 9 hens and the other aint old enuff yet but he already has a flock of 3 pullets! and when our eggs hatch those will be his as well!

My kids went to Travis, Hamilton, and the Waltrip. We lived off North Main.
We used to live on Adele, off of N. Main. We loved it there!

Some of us are looking to get started...a swap is a swap whether is be for cash or bird/eggs, right?
What cha got to swap. I have a few Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers and Barred Rock Mix chicks/ hatching eggs I will swap. I really am trying to get rid of some birds right now to make some room. I did the chicken math on this a while back and we werent supposd to end up this crowded. Shold have added a zero.
yup! and dood if you want some good lookin birds.... little wing has some lookers! i have 2 of his boys! one over 9 hens and the other aint old enuff yet but he already has a flock of 3 pullets! and when our eggs hatch those will be his as well!
Thanks! I wish I could take the credit for Powder, I got him from Chick-Among-Us. I did get a bunch of beautiful, puffy cheeked EE chicks from him. He sure has a loud & early crow doesn't he? lol Forgot to tell you about that when you got him
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom