Hova bator egg turner not working???

NMF

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
I began incubation last Friday of my 36 eggs. I have a hova bator with egg turner. They are both brand new. It seems to me that the egg position never moves. I know it takes 4 hours for rotation so its akin to paint drying, but I would to know if anyone has any thoughts on this? Also I just noticed this problem on Wednesday. Are the eggs doomed?
sad.png

It is like paint drying. You will never see the movement unless you note the position of the eggs and check back later.

Are the eggs doomed? No. Have they been harmed? Not necessarily. It depends a bit on how old the eggs were when you put them in. This article says you don't need to turn the eggs for the first week when you are storing them for incubation, but it does recommend turning them once you start incubation.

Texas A&M Incubation site
http://gallus.tamu.edu/library/extpublications/b6092.pdf

If you are sure the turner is not working, then I suggest you start turning them by hand. Your hatch rate may ormay not have been affected.

Good luck!!!

I also had that problem with the same brand bator , but being a newbie I didn't know any better lol. I found out after I got one that worked you can "feel" the motor running when you touch it- if it's working. And I hatched 31 out of 42 eggs after that happened!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Received my Hovabator two days ago and I have the same issue. They are shipping me a new motor which will take 10-12 days, swell.

Back
Top Bottom