Hovabator 1588 temp off? help!

My 1588 was holding a steady 101.0 temp reading. It was preset to 100.0. I used two other thermometers to compare it to and they were agreeing the display thermometer was 1 degree lower then the actual temp. My incubator has circulated air. I just bumped the temp down to 99.5 and it's now holding a steady 100.0. What are yall's thoughts towards dry/low humidity incubation?
Highly recommend low humidity incubation as long as the hatcher isn't in a high elevation and especially if they are using a styro bator, but I highly recommend monitoring air cells as well.

Ive read that several folks had their 1588's reading low at the top of the eggs..One of ours does, the new one with the digital display..It reads 100.0° but its about 98.6° at the top of the eggs..We just bumped it up to about 100.8° and its right at 99.5° at the top of the eggs now..good incubator, holds temp very well we just had to adjust ours.

My 1588. Was about a degree off. By checking with a spot check.

So I set it a 100.6 to get 99.5 at top off eggs.

Amylynn this is my first go at incubation. What is your recommendation for ideal humidity percentages for dry incubation? I live in Louisiana so we are already very humid here. My bator's humidity has been running in between 28-31% completely dry. Sorry for all the questions I'm just second guessing myself on everything. So scared I'm gonna screw this up. Lol

Last edited:
Amylynn this is my first go at incubation. What is your recommendation for ideal humidity percentages for dry incubation? I live in Louisiana so we are already very humid here. My bator's humidity has been running in between 28-31% completely dry.
Then I would run dry. During spring/summer my bator usually stays around 30% dry so I run dry. If I hatch late fall/winter it's too dry and only holds 16%ish so I add a wet sponge to hold it around 30%. I use this method: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

Back
Top Bottom