Hovabator 1588 temp off? help!

That thread is awesome! It answered ao many of my questions. Tha k you so much Amy!
You're welcome.
smile.png

Just note, and it needs to be added to the blog page, that high altitudes should run higher humidity so the low humidity incubation isn't ideal for higher elevations.

it maintained Temps fine but it reads the temp incorrectly it's says temp is 100 when it's actually about 98.6
I just meant, you said something about "at the tops of the eggs" I was just saying in forced air the air isn't layered if the fan is doing it's job, so it should be 99.5 throughout the bator. (And having said that I have forced air and still have hot/cold spots.)

Hi guys,

new member here.

I was running three thermometers in my Hovabator 1588 and two hygrometers (both digital) in addition to the LCD display on the top.

The thermometer on the bottom of the bator was reading around 101.00 (its an old school red dye type) the digital thermometer/hygrometer at the top was reading 100.9 (and up to 101.5) and the suction cup aquarium/reptile type thermometer was reading 101.00 while my incubator was reading 100.00

I have since lowered the thermostat to 96 on the Hovabator and have found that all of my temperatures are hovering around 100-100.9 on all three thermometers. I am on day 18. Several eggs failed to start, so I believe there may have been a quality issue there. The rest appear healthy.

I did follow the manufacturers suggestions for humidity and did check air cells at day 10, 14 and 18. They seem on par. My incubator has been at about 45% during the incubation process and is sitting just below 65% now for lock down.

Was I correct in lowering the incubators thermostat if all three other thermometers were reading above 100?

cheers

I think your ok but they were only off 1 degree and you lowered the incubator thermometer 4 degrees. But 99.5 is recommended that 1 degree shouldn't matter much.

I think your ok but they were only off 1 degree and you lowered the incubator thermometer 4 degrees. But 99.5 is recommended that 1 degree shouldn't matter much.,
I was worried about 4 degrees, but I did lower it before I put the eggs in and got it stabilized. I wanted the digital thermometer and other thermometers to read below 101 degrees, but above 100 degrees. Is it possible my thermostat is that out of whack? Because all three other thermometers are showing 101 +/1 0.5 degrees, except the Hovabator thermometer...

I was worried about 4 degrees, but I did lower it before I put the eggs in and got it stabilized. I wanted the digital thermometer and other thermometers to read below 101 degrees, but above 100 degrees. Is it possible my thermostat is that out of whack? Because all three other thermometers are showing 101 +/1 0.5 degrees, except the Hovabator thermometer...
Whoops,

Sorry,

I lowered the incubator thermostat to 99.3 instead of 100 so that the thermometers all read 101 +/- except the hovabator, it wasn't a full 4 degrees. Sorry I have a head cold and am clearly not thinking straight.

I just checked on it now, and noticed that after adding water the temperature is the lowest I have ever seen it at 100.2 and just under 100 on my tray bottom thermometer. I'll try not to fuss over it too much at this point.

Whoops,

Sorry,

I lowered the incubator thermostat to 99.3 instead of 100 so that the thermometers all read 101 +/- except the hovabator, it wasn't a full 4 degrees. Sorry I have a head cold and am clearly not thinking straight.

I just checked on it now, and noticed that after adding water the temperature is the lowest I have ever seen it at 100.2 and just under 100 on my tray bottom thermometer. I'll try not to fuss over it too much at this point.
When your humidity goes down your temp will come up too. When my temp starts to edge upward (if I am not running dry) first thing I do is check my humidity. Usually if it's been relatively stable that's the problem. Adding water/wetting my sponge usually evens it back up.

I have 2,i only add water to ist trough until I get humidity where. I want.My 2 have kept the temp spot on till yesterday.I must have set top on control button.Didnt see it for a while,but it had run down to 80.I adjustet it back to 100 and it is back to 99.9 or 100.For shutdown if needed I add a little water to 2nd trough a little at a time.It doesn't take much

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom