Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

I'm collecting eggs to start up March 1 in my new Genesis 1588. We'll be incubating eggs from our Freedom Ranger hens and roo and hopefully get some crosses of the FR roo with BO, RIR and EE hens. This will be our first time incubating anything.

Quote:
LOL. I have a NEW batch in lockdown now!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
LOL. I have a NEW batch in lockdown now!!
big_smile.png

celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

I am not by any means surprised, if I may add.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

I am not by any means surprised, if I may add.
big_smile.png

LOL. You're on to me!!!
hide.gif

wink.png

Getting ready for lockdown of hovabator, though I don't even have it or fertile eggs yet, LOL. Made an egg tray for hatching and have a roll of paper towels to put down for the chicks to hatch onto. I'm so obsessed.
lol.png

Almost had a panic attack. Went out earlier and came back home a little bit ago and it looked like the turner in one of my bators quit. All I could think of is "how am I going to take out the stupid turner and turn 40+ eggs by hand" Kept on checking, every 5 minutes or so. Totally panicked that it had stopped who knows when. Made myself walk away and get ready for bed.

It moved! Wow! Relief. Crazy thing is that the first 2 hatches I ever did I turned by hand. Just got lazy I guess.
hide.gif

Mine started hatching yesterday morning.......

Yesterday 9 am
69022_img01558.jpg

Today 9 am They are now under a broody!
celebrate.gif

69022_img01563.jpg

I started with a dozen shipped Orp eggs and 3 from my own hens. The 3 that were from my hens are the ones that hatched. There's only 3 from my shipped eggs that made it to lockdown. Today is day 21 and they still haven't pipped yet.
hmm.png

Quote:
Nah. But you have to put them under the broody at night, after she's been sitting on eggs for a while, and they have to be in the first 2 days or so since hatch.

Back
Top Bottom