Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
OMG. As usual, I love your avatar.
love.gif

Thank you.
smile.png

I have one more that I haven't used it yet, it says "My Pet Makes Me Breakfast"...​

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Thank you.
smile.png

I have one more that I haven't used it yet, it says "My Pet Makes Me Breakfast"...

yuckyuck.gif

smile.png
I'm sooo jealous, all you guys incubating..if my Pied button would start laying I'd incubate some of her eggs just for the heck of it..but of course she isn't laying...
he.gif
barnie.gif

I have a 1583 and a 1588. I have my 1583 listed on an auction but I plan to continue using it until I get my 'big' bator made.

I don't know how I'd enter this contest? I hatch continually, setting new eggs every week. I set eggs from my own birds, but it's hard saying how many eggs from each breed I'll be setting.

Any entering tips? Or is this just for the 'small time' hatchers
wink.png

My 1583 is the hatching incubator and the 1588 is the setting incubator.

Candled for the first time tonight! I couldn't tell what was up on my dark eggs(the welsummers or olive eggers), but saw one seemed to be weeping so I threw it away. I was able to candle the bluish eggs and have some that are definitely developing! Going to recheck the "not sure" ones in several days. I feel better that even if I don't hatch any, at least I got to see some development, very fun.

Quote:
We had set quail eggs, but I can't find my updated post here. Set 24 quail eggs given to me by a friend on the 7th, suppose to hatch the 24th, nothing.....
hu.gif

we figured we would give them to Sunday and then throw them out, had checked 4 eggs and 2 weren't fertile and 2 were just old and dried up. We left 20 in there. Saturday we had a pip and within 2 hours had 12 hatched babies.
wee.gif

this out of an old 20 years old still air Hovabator.
tongue2.gif

23574_quailfeb11_002.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
We had set quail eggs, but I can't find my updated post here. Set 24 quail eggs given to me by a friend on the 7th, suppose to hatch the 24th, nothing.....
hu.gif

we figured we would give them to Sunday and then throw them out, had checked 4 eggs and 2 weren't fertile and 2 were just old and dried up. We left 20 in there. Saturday we had a pip and within 2 hours had 12 hatched babies.
wee.gif

this out of an old 20 years old still air Hovabator.
tongue2.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/23574_quailfeb11_002.jpg

Nice!!
thumbsup.gif

I wanna play! I just sent my PM
smile.png

-Model of Hovabator you're using - Genesis 1588
-What you'll be hatching and how many - 58 eggs set= 12 Lav AM, 5 Iowa Blues, 41 EEs
-Date or month that you're setting eggs - set on Feb 26th
-Date or month that they'll be hatching - due at equinox March 19

I do have the auto turner, but I couldn't eliminate enough eggs, so I figured I'd hand turn until I weed out the clears. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew for my first hatch! At least I have plenty of brooder space. My temp seems to be running a little low - 98.5 - 99.8. I'm not sure what to do about that except wait and see? I'm using the thermometer it came with on top of the eggs and an Exo Terra thermometer/hygrometer with the sensor suspended from the window. Humidity seems good.

Quote:
Welcome, sounds like a lot of fun! If I remember I'll add you tonight, otherwise, tomorrow.

Cloverleaf, day 19 huh? Congrats! Hey, you won... again.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom