Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

Quote:
Thanks for all the kinds words..you don't know what it means to me.
hugs.gif
smile.png

Quote:
I'm rooting for you!!
yippiechickie.gif

I wanted to hatch some of my button eggs out so badly..but I'm sticking to chickens for the next few months.......perhaps.
wink.png

If I start finding guinea eggs then most likely I'll incubate those.

Today is day #9...I decided not to wait until day #10 to candle again...too impatient! I still didn't see veining...but did see air sac and most of the remaining 11 eggs looked viable I thought. 3 eggs had a much smaller blob that moved? floated? as I turned the egg. I am wondering if they are dead...didn't see a blood ring but then I can't see veining either. At what point do bad eggs start to smell or foam?? or Weep? I really don't want to candle again because I find it stressful!
hmm.png
I'm pretty sure I have some good eggs going and the temp and humidity is doing fine. I started the eggs at 6am on March 11 so I figure March 28 I'll stop turning.. Do I take the brinsea incubator out of the egg turner cradle that evening? Or wait until morning of March 29? Will one or two days either way make a difference?

Very exciting to hear about everyone's eggs and pips and chicks!!

Genesis 1588 users: Does anyone have a simple way to see the water level in the center trough, especially with a turner in place? When lifting the turner to check the water, I sometimes dislodge a turner bar or an egg.

Quote:
Fifelake, I set my eggs on March 9, and remember a couple of days ago I couldn't see much either? Last night the dark spots, veins, and motion were all more visible. Can you bring yourself to candle again in a couple of days? It is really exciting to see!

Mrs. Mucket :

Genesis 1588 users: Does anyone have a simple way to see the water level in the center trough, especially with a turner in place? When lifting the turner to check the water, I sometimes dislodge a turner bar or an egg.

I used fish tank tubing poked into the fence on the bottom and a small funnel shoved onto the end, works great.​

Mrs. Mucket :

I just add water every few days. I don't really look at the level of it. What you might do is put food coloring or something in the water, that way you could see the water level?
smile.png

Mrs. Mucket :

Quote:
Fifelake, I set my eggs on March 9, and remember a couple of days ago I couldn't see much either? Last night the dark spots, veins, and motion were all more visible. Can you bring yourself to candle again in a couple of days? It is really exciting to see!

Were all of yours good? I might try again maybe on day 12.....I really would like to see what you all talk about.​

Quote:

Were all of yours good? I might try again maybe on day 12.....I really would like to see what you all talk about.

All of my for-sure fertile eggs showed life last night. About half of my incubator eggs were from hens the roo just visited a couple of afternoons, and I didn't know if they were fertile or not. So far only one of those has an obvious embryo.

Do try again!!

Back
Top Bottom