How about a Thread for Embdens?

How cute they are! Looks like moms lap is the best place for their nap.
love.gif

We lost one. Think it got to stressed during shipping.
I will get pics for you all tomorrow, promise!

I have a question/concern though.
My little ones LOVE the chopped greens I give them and gobble them up. I feed they from my hand as well as sprinkling the greens in their water and on their flock raiser food. However, I have yet to see them eat the flock raiser, and they act like they are starving whenever I check on them. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be doing something that I'm not? I just don't want anything to happen to them.

PLEASE
All suggestions, tips, and advice are welcome.
This is my first time with geese and I don't want to mess anything up.
Thanks!;)

My little ones LOVE the chopped greens I give them and gobble them up. I feed they from my hand as well as sprinkling the greens in their water and on their flock raiser food. However, I have yet to see them eat the flock raiser, and they act like they are starving whenever I check on them. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be doing something that I'm not? I just don't want anything to happen to them.

PLEASE
Thanks!
wink.png
So sorry you lost one, try putting some warm water on their feed, of course greens are going to be a hit since geese are grazers but they need their feed to , just do a small amt with some warm water making like a mash and see if they like that better.

PLEASE
Thanks!;)

I agree with what miss Lydia said. You could also cut back on the greens until they really take to their food.

Ok, I know I promised pictures today but my camera battery died before I could get to take them. I will try again tomorrow.

I tried feeding my little ones wetted feed mixed with greens, but every time the take a nibble they shake their little heads and spit out the food. I left it with them for a while and haven't fed them anything else all day. I think I'll leave it overnight and see if they have tarted eating in the morning.

What do you think?:/

Ok, I know I promised pictures today but my camera battery died before I could get to take them. I will try again tomorrow.

I tried feeding my little ones wetted feed mixed with greens, but every time the take a nibble they shake their little heads and spit out the food. I left it with them for a while and haven't fed them anything else all day. I think I'll leave it overnight and see if they have tarted eating in the morning.

What do you think?:/

I think that given time and no extras to eat they will start to eat their food just fine. It might take a Lil bit but when they get hungry they will eat :)

Back
Top Bottom