how and when can you introduce baby ducks?

danafaith

In the Brooder
May 8, 2016
I have 3 (1 male and 2 female) adult ducks. They are a year and a half old. I have three baby ducks that are just a few weeks old. I know I will have them separated for a while until they are bigger, but when would be a good time to introduce them, and how do you go about it? My older ducks are kept in a completely fenced in area. Also, if one of the baby ducks is male would he have to go? or can there be two males? Any help would be wonderful!

Hi!
You cannot introduce ducks until they are of mating age (for females, laying). So, you still have a while.
As far as getting rid of ducks, I have read the ratio to be three female to one male or else over-mating can occur. Depending on the gender of your ducklings, this is a great possibility.
I have not personally introduced ducks of late but hopefully someone else can provide the how.

Thanks! Yeah I know we still have months before we will introduce them or probably even knowing if they are male or female, I just like to be prepared. I just didn't know if you can put them in the with the ducks or you have to do it slowly, I just don't want any of them getting hurt.

Hello....:frow
You will need to wait until mature....Hopefully your Ducklings are all Hens?...If not you will end up with issues during mating season unless you can keep them separated?...Once your Ducklings are older its easiest to introduce them as they free range...More room to run away from each other....Set up multiple water stations so they can all have something to play in...

Back
Top Bottom