How do chicks get lost in the mail?

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hope the little one pulls through.
hugs.gif

Will UPS and FedEx not deliver live animals? I would much prefer receiving from them! They are much more reliable.

UPS and FedEx deliver some specific live animals, under certain conditions and after filling out specific paperwork and what not... The short of it if you are not a zoo or in the business of shipping animals it's not worth dealing with FedEx or UPS...

As for being more reliable, there is some irony there as most people don't know that the USPS does not own a single cargo plane, they contract out all air shipments to third parties... FedEx right now does the bulk of the USPS air shipments and handles most First Class, Priority and Express mail for the USPS who only sorts and delivers the last mile to your house...

Only once in the 30 plus years that I have been raising chickens has my order come in late,, and I get several orders shipped each year. The one time they did arrive late,, it was a day late, but it had been an order of 100 chicks so plenty to keep each other warm.

Thanks for letting me know about Delta. Looks like they only ship from May 1, 2015 - September 30, 2015. Nice to know that is an option for next year.

The hatchery has no control over USPS routing (and sometimes they have mind boggling routing due to how their hubs are configured) missed scans are a reality as your package is just one of hundreds on a skid being loaded into planes... Yeah we all know that live animals should be treated better but when you are just paying for standard shipping you can't realistically expect more then standard service...

I sold exotic animals for living many years ago, I gave up on USPS/FedEX, UPS and DHL for incoming shipments to many loses... The only way I shipped animals in was Delta Live Animal Cargo airport to airport, it was a hassle driving to the airport to pickup and it cost more but same day delivery anywhere in the continental US can't be beat if the seller/buyer is willing to drop off/pick up at the airport...

Thanks for the info MeepBeep :) I do realize it's not the Hatchery... But now at least I kind of understand why the horrible tracking... I guess my point was, if they know the tracking is so poor, maybe don't use it.. It's like a tease if it doesn't actually WORK :p

I'll remember Delta too, spring coming, I might need some big birds shipped, nice to have the info beforehand ;)

Thanks! ;)

Back
Top Bottom