How do I DISINFECT my coop after chicken illnesses?

Has anyone ever thought to treat this holisticly, naturally I do every organic, with herbals, homopathics, ect. I can't even believe there is no cure
they always say that but there is always a way if you look hard enough, I know of 1 thing that kills every known virus, bacteria I have ever heard of and its not that expensive I would at least try it. heres a link
http://www.miraclemineral.us/ Id write them and ask if it would be safe for chickens first but I would think it would so I would try it if they say yes.

I am going through this as well. Just culled 13 hens and 1 rooster for the exact same illness. I removed all organic material. Rinsed it down with water and bleach solution then went back over every surface with a srub brush and bleach. Then rinsed. Then used a spray bottle and sprayed every surface area with the water bleach solution. Took about 3 hours total. We dont have a water hose that will reach so we had to carry multiple buckets of water up. We also dusted the whol field with dehydrated lime.

My question is this.......When I dust the inside of the coop with the lime today, Do I have to remove it or clean it out before inroducing new birds? Or do I just put some bedding in and put the new birds in? Is lime not dangerous to them? I was going to dust the perches really well and when I add new birds will it be dangerous to them?

What is the time period of Cleaning and Disinfecting to add new birds?

Back
Top Bottom