How do I seal the overflow on a bath tub to use for ducks pool.

QueenieBelleB

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2023
I plan on using a couple of free bath tubs to make duck pools. I'm not sure how to seal the over flow, so it can be filled to the top. Ideas???​

I would attempt to glue on a rubber stopper. I would cut a hole in the stopper and run a hose through it and lay it on the bottom of the tubs. You could then use capillary action to drain the tubs as needed. Adding more hoses means you could drain all that water at a distance avoiding a total mud puddle around the tubs.

I would attempt to glue on a rubber stopper. I would cut a hole in the stopper and run a hose through it and lay it on the bottom of the tubs. You could then use capillary action to drain the tubs as needed. Adding more hoses means you could drain all that water at a distance avoiding a total mud puddle around the tubs.
but ... ducks LOVE total mud puddles...awww

Most bathtubs are made of fiberglass. Fiberglass is one of the most repairable materials. With a little bit of cloth and resin it shouldn’t be too big of a deal to patch over the overflow holes. I would bet that a $15-$20 patch kit would be plenty to do a couple bathtubs.

This is the bathtub.

Attachments

• 20240130_151233.jpg
    20240130_151233.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom