How do you kill the poisonous plant that will be near the chickens, without chemicals?

Dcps

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2023
How do you kill the poisonous plant that will be near the chickens, without chemicals?
These are what I have identified in the ditch so far.. the pecan trees are safe, right???

Attachments

• IMG_3264.jpeg
    IMG_3264.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3263.jpeg
    IMG_3263.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3262.jpeg
    IMG_3262.jpeg
    713.8 KB · Views: 25
I post this every year to my social pages cause we'll I'm THAT person so maybe it'll help 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

Attachments

• 5d46abd317e75ea4ecb4e5232df525be.jpg
    5d46abd317e75ea4ecb4e5232df525be.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 24
:welcome In my experience free range chickens have avoided eating possibly dangerous plants.
That is good to know! My fear is when my husband mows the ditches, the pieces will fly into the coop area. And they will eat the bits…

I am with @sourland, I think they will ignore them.
By the way, I don’t think Pokeweed is poisonous to birds. Toxic to mammals but not birds. I don’t know specifically about chickens but song birds feast on the fruit and spread the darn things everywhere!
I’ve googled about half of them. Who knows….. I don’t know what to believe anymore. 🤣🤣

I tear or dig them out along with their roots before they are able to set seeds.
Wearing gloves is important as some like deadly nightshade (belladonna) are poisonous for humans too.

Back
Top Bottom