How do you pin a goose to the ground?

1964 Kentucky Derby winner Northern Dancer almost killed his trainer when Horatio Luro entered his stall and Horatio was a **** good trainer. 

And once again, are we talking about horses?
Working animals and pet animals are also on two different levels. Why don't you provide some argument on why letting a bird bully you is rational?

You should pick him up and carry him around! That's what I did with Kiwi, he still hissed at me sometimes but wouldn't dare come near me!

hubs has done that trick, sadly I cannot, our gander is to heavy and me with my bad back.. Pinning does work tho, and I can do that without any problem

hubs has done that trick, sadly I cannot, our gander is to heavy and me with my bad back.. Pinning does work tho, and I can do that without any problem
Pinning works well for most ganders but for really stubborn ones picking them up works better. Perhaps if your hubby could grab him and bring him to you while your sitting in a chair? I had one gander I didn't want to carry because he weighted a ton. I just grabbed him and carried him over to a seat and held him for 5 minutes or so just holding and petting and talking to him. He was much better for it. Pinning is fast and easy and usually works but if a goose is still a problem after being pinned carrying or just holding for at least a few minutes seems to work really well.

Another thing I found works is after pinning due to misbehavior is taking the gooses head and tucking it under a wing. Forcing it into a sleep position sort of. Once the bill is under the wing they usually just stay there. At that point I can hold mine down with just one finger just gently on the back still reminding him I am in control. If they are particularly worked up it sort of defuses the fight. It triggers a calm state I think because after all they would naturally only be in that position if they were reasonably safe and calm. Its sort of calm and resting because in the position or in the position because calm and resting. Either way one causes the other. While there that gentle pressure of your hand or even one finger like I said reminds them they might be safe but they are still in your control. After holding that position for long enough to see he's calmed down I step back and allow him to get up and then quickly drive him away from me a couple of yards. After I see him get up I want to be sure its him removing himself from my space because I always want to own my space. I love letting them near me but I control my area and they know it.

Thank all of you for the advice on pinning and holding...my boy tries me about once every 2wks ...3 times total now. I don't know why he started but I will try pinning him. My female was pulling at his feathers today as if she was trying to make him stop lol.

Back
Top Bottom