How long for rooster's crow to mature?

You are fortunate that your rooster isn't loud yet. My Partridge Rock just started to really attempt to crow last week. He is loud and sounds like a Canadian Goose honking! It's not pretty! I'm sure it will be soon.
fl.gif
I can't wait for his real crow. I have wanted a rooster for many years and have had to listen from afar at the neighbors. But now, due to a hatchery mistake, I am able to have one of my own.
ya.gif

Last edited:
Joe -- I second the request to post a picture of how your tie wrap works! I might have a rooster, and if I do, and can prevent it from crowing too loud, I might be able to keep it! I live very close to the neighbors, and I know they won't approve of a loud boy!

Hey Joe,

Pics or a video would be awesome!!! ChickyLoo and I have a VERY LOUD rooster, that admittedly makes me a little nuts!!
big_smile.png

He is also VERY aggressive!! Which is another thing all together but.....

Pics would be awesome!!!

Thanks!

Quote:
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response,
I applied the tie wrap after our rooster started driving us crazy. I put it on loose at first then tighten a couple of notches every couple of days until it stifled his crow. I no longer have a rooster so I can't take a picture to show how it looked.

Yes, yes, we need visuals. My neighbors don't complain, but my DH and DD are threatening my poor little Princess (he came with the name and it suits him).

Our Speckled Sussex roo started crowing at around 8 weeks and was awkward for about a week or two before he completely figured it out. He now has a beautiful crow. Our SLW who's the same age just started crowing last week (16 weeks) and still sounds very awkward.

Back
Top Bottom