How Long Have You Been Raising Chickens? - OLD

How Long Have You Been Raising Chickens?

• Under 6 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Months - 1 Year

• 1 Year

• 2 Years

• 3 Years

• 4 Years

• 5 Years

• 6 Years

• 7 Years

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 8 Years

• 9 Years

• 10 Years

• 11 - 15 Years

• 15 - 20 Years

• Over 20 Years

• No chickens yet, but hopefully soon!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been around chickens from a young age but just started on my own flock. i might get addicted to hatching though lol. i stick with bantam breeds and as of right now i have 1 self blue d'uccle with 10 viable eggs incubating and a buff and milli pair of oegb. other breeds will come later but for now i'm working on my d'uccle flock

Been raising chickens for around 2 1/2 yrs. Cannot imaging not doing it. Easiest livestock ever to care for.

Gerry:cool:

Just starting out. Got 5 pullets in mid-October.
yippiechickie.gif

I have only been keeping chickens since 6th September this year, and I love them. I have 3 warren birds, they are inquisitive, productive (we get 3 eggs a day....often one is a double yolker), and hungrey!!!!! they love sunflower seeds, grated carrot, and bananas!! whenever they get the chance they will come into the house (usually when my kids leave the door open!), and always manage to have a good look around whilst being shooed out!
smile.png
. now that I have chickens I don't think I could ever NOT have them!
lol.png

We don't even have chickens. Yet. We started looking about a year ago, and then we bought a rabbit, Audrey. My husband made me sign a contract, no more animals till our son goes to school. So I have a couple more years before my backyard starts to look like a full farm! Haha. This will give us plenty time to get things perfect for our girls!

its a little disturbing to see that most people on here have had chickens for less than 6 months. i wonder if they will still have them 2 years from now. i have had chickens since 1980, over 30 years. started off buying 25 chicks from murray mcmurray (dominiques) and kept the best rooster and 10 hens. most of these were wiped out by a coon so someone gave me some red sexlinks, rhode island reds and some game chickens. kept a few games and dominiques until about 6 years ago. tried ameraucanas but not crazy about green or blue eggs. tried barred rocks but the roosters were all mean. decided to pick a rare breed and got some cubalayas. we have black australorps and delawares now, too. the cubalayas are my favorite of any breed that i have had. hope to always be able to keep some cubalayas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom