3 Elderly Marans
Several Mixed Breeds
1 Bantam Rooster
2 Full Size Roosters
A Few Leghorns
3 Pekin Ducks
Cats:
O Malley Kermit Maine Coon Mix
Christopher and Columbus. Black domestic shorthair. I got them when they were 2-3 weeks when the mother was ran over on the highway.
Sven i got him from a high kill shelter at 3 months old. He looks and acts just like a ragamuffin. I i dont think he is because shelters usually don't have purebred kittens but i think he is at least half!
Adele Svens sister
Cindy. When i was young i went to a festival and saw the sweetest long haired cat with the softest fur i wanted her so bad and asked my mom for her. She said no. Other people were looking at her so i thought she would be adopted. Over the next few months i just couldn't stop thinking about that fluffy grey and white kitten and wondering who had adopted her. We went to the shelter to adopt a small dog ( there wasn't any dogs accept a very hyper terrier and a couple larger dogs) we went in the cat room and decided to get Sven and Adele. I walked to the back to pet a blue Siamese that would have no part of it! I looked at the cat in the cage under the Siamese and there was the fluffy grey and white kitten! She was scheduled to be put to sleep soon because she was full grown. My mom gladly took her then!

So how many animals do you have and what kinds? :)

That's a great story with your grey and white kitten! How lucky the both of you are to have found each other :)

I'm at 29 animals, plus two more ducks to be picked up tomorrow!

Ducks!
6 Anconas- Simon (drake), Garfunkel (drake), Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme
3 Khakis- Scarlet, Bee, and Rowen
And the two Cayugas will join tomorrow: Faye and Ayrie

Dogs!
4 basset hounds: Woody, Filbert, Hazel and Myrtle (Woody and Fil are brothers, Hazel and Myrtle are sisters)
2 basset hound/lab mixes: Ivy and Hawthorne (brother and sister)
1 dachshund: Cecil
1 Newfoundland: Kolu
+ 1 blood hound who stays with us occasionally: Ellie

Cats!
Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, and Catmissionr Gordan

Goats!
Millie, Maynard, and Mocha (Mocha is mama to Millie and Maynard)

Big Donkeys!
Holly, Lousie, and Thelma (Louise is daughter to Thelma)

Miniature Donkeys!
Gladass and her 3 week old baby Joyass

One Horse!
Derby

And I'm proud to say that most my animals are rescues from shelters, organizations, or from owners who couldn't keep their animals. The only exceptions are Myrtle, Hazel, and Kolu who we purchased from breeders.

My coworker is also trying to get me to take in a few chicks from her sisters preschool classroom xD

I'm already battling an egg production rate I can't keep up with! What do you do with all yours? I don't have quite enough to sell regularly yet plus I live a bit too far out from the city for buyers to be interested :/ I've mostly just been giving eggs to my boyfriends mom or letting my mom trade with the neighbor for chicken eggs. Ducks are new to me and I mostly got them for fun, the eggs are just a fun addition the other animals don't give me :)
How are your cats with the chickens? My kitties seem to have no interest in my ducks!

I have too dang many. According to 'some' people. But, hey, I love them all.

That's a great story with your grey and white kitten! How lucky the both of you are to have found each other :)

I'm at 29 animals, plus two more ducks to be picked up tomorrow!

Ducks!
6 Anconas- Simon (drake), Garfunkel (drake), Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme
3 Khakis- Scarlet, Bee, and Rowen
And the two Cayugas will join tomorrow: Faye and Ayrie

Dogs!
4 basset hounds: Woody, Filbert, Hazel and Myrtle (Woody and Fil are brothers, Hazel and Myrtle are sisters)
2 basset hound/lab mixes: Ivy and Hawthorne (brother and sister)
1 dachshund: Cecil
1 Newfoundland: Kolu
+ 1 blood hound who stays with us occasionally: Ellie

Cats!
Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, and Catmissionr Gordan

Goats!
Millie, Maynard, and Mocha (Mocha is mama to Millie and Maynard)

Big Donkeys!
Holly, Lousie, and Thelma (Louise is daughter to Thelma)

Miniature Donkeys!
Gladass and her 3 week old baby Joyass

One Horse!
Derby

And I'm proud to say that most my animals are rescues from shelters, organizations, or from owners who couldn't keep their animals. The only exceptions are Myrtle, Hazel, and Kolu who we purchased from breeders.

My coworker is also trying to get me to take in a few chicks from her sisters preschool classroom xD

I'm already battling an egg production rate I can't keep up with! What do you do with all yours? I don't have quite enough to sell regularly yet plus I live a bit too far out from the city for buyers to be interested :/ I've mostly just been giving eggs to my boyfriends mom or letting my mom trade with the neighbor for chicken eggs. Ducks are new to me and I mostly got them for fun, the eggs are just a fun addition the other animals don't give me :)
How are your cats with the chickens? My kitties seem to have no interest in my ducks!

Love their names! My cats are fine with my grown chickens in fact they quite like eachother! Christopher went in the hen house when we were shutting them up for the night. He got out of there as quick as he could the next morning! LOL there are some chickens that will chase him! I have never let my cats around my baby chicks. Someone told us that his neighbors cat killed his bantam hen once so i don't let my chicks out into the lot until they are 8-10 weeks old. We do have too many eggs in the early spring we usually boil them and feed them back to the chickens. One time we had 20 dozen! Egg production has already cut down some. We have around 30 families we are supplying with eggs so thats why we have so many!

Hah! I've had a curious kitty get trapped with the goats for a night and now won't go near them! I have never thought about feeding the eggs back to the ducks! I've fed them the shells a couple times, I'll have to try the cooked egg. how long did it take you to establish that customer base?

Hah! I've had a curious kitty get trapped with the goats for a night and now won't go near them! I have never thought about feeding the eggs back to the ducks! I've fed them the shells a couple times, I'll have to try the cooked egg. how long did it take you to establish that customer base?

When the neighbors hen hatched 5 hens and 3 roosters in my barn it was a bit to much so we gave them away to family and had one customer that payed 1$. More people started wanting the eggs so we got more chickens. Then customers friends started wanting eggs so we got more chickens. We have one customers neighbors friend that knew someone who wanted eggs! LOL then we got some customers from work. My neighbors put a sign in their yard that said fresh eggs and got some customers. I've been doing chickens for about 5 years. Some customers I've had from the start some are fairly new. Good luck :)

This is Cindy. I woke her up in the first one so she looks a bit grumpy.

Back
Top Bottom