How Many Cc Of Tylan 50 Do Chickens Get? Help Asap

1.64 kg = 3.6 pounds
22.7 mg/ml injectable Baytril was given once at 20.76 mg/kg
22.7 mg Baytril tablets were given at 13.84 mg/kg every 12 hours
100 mg Doxycline tablets were given at 60.98 mg/kg every 12 hours.

I have not used doxycycline, but I have used Baytril, and these amounts are definitely very close to what my vets have told me to use and what other vets have told other BYC members to use. So far the most Baytril I have seen prescribed here on BYC was 15 mg/kg twice a day, but it's usually ~10 mg/kg twice a day.

@grassgd , thanks again for providing this as I'm sure it will help many people figure out how much of either drug can be used in a similar situation. How is Louie doing?

More info on antibiotics here:

-Kathy
You are correct, the injection of Enrofloxacin was 22.7 mg/ml, my typo in the original post...

Jerry

THANK YOU! Despite the age of this thread, I must say I think it's helped my Nankin, Fred. I came home from a week away on Friday. Fred was laryngitic and gurgly. Too late for the avian vet, and searches said maybe bacterial, maybe fungal. I had already tried a few cc's of tylan 50 orally. So I decided to wait and see.

On Saturday he's worse, harder time breathing, comb and wattles really dark red. Today, comb and wattles are purple, mouth open, scary. Can't lose Fred! He's such a little manly bird!

So I find this thread, and I don't think Fred will make it through the night. It's worth a try, I pull up my big girl panties and call my husband o help. I say, " you can hold Fred and I'll inject, or I can hold and you inject." He chose hold, so I injected my bird with 3cc of Tylan 50. First shot I've ever given.

But I truly think Fred already feels better! 3 hours later, Fred is breathing with his beak closed, and I do believe his comb is no longer that deep, sunset purple. I'm holding out hope he makes it through this.

i heard that the injection by mouth can really hurt the birds throat??

Injection by mouth? I had not heard of that. Using a syringe to push liquid medicine in the mouth, if not done correctly, can send it into the lungs - that's a concern for ducks, I know. But syringes don't all have needles . . . hmmm

Quote: Some people give Tylan injectable orally, without needle of course, but there have been a few posts that say the injectable given orally can damage the lining of the esophagus and/or crop.

@nikkibonbon , all injections should be given in the breast, or when appropriate, under the skin in one of the many suitable places.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom