How many chickens will fit in this coop & run?

I LOVE that coop and am trying to build one almost exactly like it. 4 fullsize hens should do well in the coop and i think you're right to extend the run. If you're in for tough winters in yojr area keep in mind theyll spend more time inside than theyve been past few months and need some room not to start abusing each other.
If you extend your run, you could semi-enclose a bit of the run close to the coop if you wished. I agree about having more ventilation for ammonia, etc. Cleaning the coop frequently will also help.

Thank you for the information. I have ventilation on the top in the front of the coop that I plan to have hardware cloth installed. Right now I’m mainly using the run for the chicks to get out of the brooder while they fully feather on warm days. I’m in Pennsylvania in the US. Is this enough?
I think it would be better if you had cross ventilation so a breeze can blow through. It will keep things in your coop drier. I live in hot, dry Arizona and the only times I have to close the coop vents is on those rare occasions the night time temps drop into the low teens. It's a good idea if your vents are adjustable.

I think it would be better if you had cross ventilation so a breeze can blow through. It will keep things in your coop drier. I live in hot, dry Arizona and the only times I have to close the coop vents is on those rare occasions the night time temps drop into the low teens. It's a good idea if your vents are adjustable.
If you extend your run, you could semi-enclose a bit of the run close to the coop if you wished. I agree about having more ventilation for ammonia, etc. Cleaning the coop frequently will also help.
Thank you for this amazing feedback! I’ll definitely work on this!

Hi all! First time momma here and want to see how many chickens will live here HAPPILY.
Dimensions for coop
4x 4 feet
Dimensions for run including under the coop
4 x 9 feet

I’m thinking of extending the run to the shape of an L eventually but want see how many will be happy here pre extension. Edit: we currently have 4 and want to see if we can add more or hold off.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome @3KillerBs has got u pretty set up on figures. I started this year to and built my first coop. I want to go bigger. Here's a rushed outside coop followed by a better build I'm still perfecting. That's a nice little build uve started. U are doing good for your first time building something like that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924-134802_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220924-134802_Gallery.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220924-134705_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220924-134705_Gallery.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220924-134617_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220924-134617_Gallery.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi all! First time momma here and want to see how many chickens will live here HAPPILY.
Dimensions for coop
4x 4 feet
4 x 9 feet

I’m thinking of extending the run to the shape of an L eventually but want see how many will be happy here pre extension. Edit: we currently have 4 and want to see if we can add more or hold off.

Thanks in advance!
They require 4 sf per bird in the coop = 4 birds maximum, minimum of 1 linear foot of roost, and 10 sf per bird in the run = 3 or 4 max birds.

Dimensions for coop
4x 4 feet
4 x 9 feet

Thanks in advance!
I just wanted to say that I would fence in around the bottom of the coop to keep predators out from under there. Especially at night. Also depending on where you are a coop in the air is going to be cold in the winter months.

Back
Top Bottom