How many days can quail eggs sit before incubating?

Quote:
I would not set these eggs!! because more than likely they are small "pullet" eggs! I would wait a few weeks to get the bigger "hen" eggs to set!

Pullet egg on left... HATCHING egg on the right
wink.png

59035_dscf3201.jpg

Bigger image...
59035_dscf3202.jpg

Last edited:
Thank! geting more and more eggs each day. Up to about 50 eggs a friend been giving me some eggs. Been turn them 2 times a day. they are in the a/c (74 degrees) it not 70 but it's the best i can do for now looking at the pics i think i have a few pullet eggs and one egg fills like it is empty, and one of the eggs was dark green. New to quail, but never seen a green quail. thank again for all the info.

hey i just found 10 quail eggs im my hay bales a few droped so there were 12 but now 10 are they still good the ones i droped the yolks were really yellow and sticky is that good are the other ones good ive never hatched quails before

I am responding to this old post for the people who have never hatched before...(Did we ever find out what the result was with this hatch?)

The only thing I would add about the eggs that started this thread, is that at this age, the quail may not be breeding yet - even though they are laying eggs. But as someone else posted, you'll never know until you try.

At 7 days in the incubator, you should be able to tell without question if they are viable. 7 Days isn't too much of a commitment.

I am having such a hard time googling and finding an answer to storage of fertile cortunix quail eggs! I've read that the eggs need to be stored at 55-65 degrees F and humidity of 85% or so. Is there some mini fridge or any kind of mechanism online that is an easy setup that i can just buy that will be a cooler/ humidifier for my fertile eggs? I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

As far as I know, room temp is just fine, even if a little colder is better. I think I've read the eggs start developing at 82 degrees or something like that, so you should just stay below that. I don't think the humidity is super important unless you live in a really dry place that could cause them to loose too much fluid before incubation even starts.

Quote:

HECTOR TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE ( AND HOLDS TRUE WITH ME BOB EXPERIENCE AS WELL...)ITS THE SAME FOR BOBS IN THIS INSTANCE.

DONT GET WE WRONG... THE FRESHER THE BETTER BY ALL MEANS, THO QUAIL EGGS DO BETTER IF "AGED" FOR 48 TO 72 HRS BEFORE SETTING.
late to the party, I know, But what is the longest you've had a cortunix egg sit before a successful incubation?

I have a question. My Bobs have been laying one egg per day since Sunday, so 4 days about. I have left them with her and her the entire time, and although she messes with them, turning them and stuff they have been very careful to NOT lay on them, only beside them. Yesterday they began fussing with nesting supplies, and it appears they are trying out 3 different spots, but have not 100% chosen yet. I think they are leaning towards a spot where I have put a flattish heat rock for them to stay warm under the ramp to secure a warm spot to bask on when under the ramp and away from the heat lamps. I am hoping they will be laying on them, brooding very soon, nut right now they are being very careful to lay by them, but not on them. But is that ok? I mean, will they hatch after that long? In the wild they don't have coolers and egg cartons right? I'm trying to let this go down as naturally as possible. This is their very first cluster. She is 12 weeks older than him, and he is 13 weeks just barely. They are indoors, and other then the heat lamp, they are in air conditioned house with me. Should I worry? And if not yet, when should I worry?

Back
Top Bottom