How many Ducks does everyone have.

Pics

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I have 2 Khaki Campbell girls (about 19-20 weeks old) and 3 Silver Appleyard... any ideas as to gender - one of them is doing the soft whistle so I think it might be a drake but they are only 8 weeks old so who knows... the poor babies are extra skittish these days because either a rogue coyote or a mama fox and a kit attacked my flock at dusk last weekend and we lost my oldest Khaki girl who was 21 weeks old and 3 Silver Appleyard babies, 2 drakes and 1 female.
sad.png
We currently have 2 Saxony, 2 Welsh Harlequin and 2 Buff eggs in the incubator along with a couple of royal palm turkey eggs.... hope we get a good hatch to somewhat replenish our numbers
fl.gif

Hi all I have
2 female pekins
1 drake runner
2 female welsh 1 male welsh
1 saxony unknown yet
2 blue swedes unknown
3 female khakis 1 male khaki
1 female Ancona
2 female cayugas 1 male Cayuga
And ten EE chicks

4 scovies 2 black and white. 2 barred.
Are you referring to 4 muscovy ducks, 2 magpies and not sure what barred ducks are. :)

Or are you referring to chickens? Then I know what barred rock chickens and roosters are.

Any pictures?

Hi all I have
2 female pekins
1 drake runner
2 female welsh 1 male welsh
1 saxony unknown yet
2 blue swedes unknown
3 female khakis 1 male khaki
1 female Ancona
2 female cayugas 1 male Cayuga
And ten EE chicks
wow.. a full house. :) any pictures available? Would love to see them all.

Welcome to the best forum ever! I am on here once in a while and ask alot of questions and always find an answer and there are many amazing people here to help with any questions you may have.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I have 2 Khaki Campbell girls (about 19-20 weeks old) and 3 Silver Appleyard... any ideas as to gender - one of them is doing the soft whistle so I think it might be a drake but they are only 8 weeks old so who knows... the poor babies are extra skittish these days because either a rogue coyote or a mama fox and a kit attacked my flock at dusk last weekend and we lost my oldest Khaki girl who was 21 weeks old and 3 Silver Appleyard babies, 2 drakes and 1 female.
sad.png
We currently have 2 Saxony, 2 Welsh Harlequin and 2 Buff eggs in the incubator along with a couple of royal palm turkey eggs.... hope we get a good hatch to somewhat replenish our numbers
fl.gif
Lovely ducks!!! I have silver appleyards and khakis also and from what I am seeing, seems you have all girls. :) My appleyard drake has a ring around his neak and his head was green but now changed to a blackish grey. My female appleyard looks alot like the ones in your picture except she has a bit more white.

My opinion would be that you need 1 khaki drake and 1 appleyard drake. Think you have all girls ;)

Lovely ducks!!! I have silver appleyards and khakis also and from what I am seeing, seems you have all girls. :) My appleyard drake has a ring around his neak and his head was green but now changed to a blackish grey. My female appleyard looks alot like the ones in your picture except she has a bit more white.

My opinion would be that you need 1 khaki drake and 1 appleyard drake. Think you have all girls ;)
Thank you! Yes I think we confirmed we have all girls - all are quacking very loudly now. I think I'll try for a Khaki and SA drake next spring after we determine what our ratios are looking like once our Welshies, Saxonies and the one buff egg hatch - once we figure out how many drakes we end up with and get our numbers just right we'll get our ladies some drakes
hugs.gif
and maybe some babies of their own.

2 Mandarins

2 Wood Ducks

2 Ringed Teals

1 Gray Call Duck

615 + 7 = 622

Hi :) I love how beautiful the Mandarin ducks are. I wasnt aware they were an option for domestic ducks. Where did you get yours, is it a male and female together, how do you keep them from flying away, how is their disposition, and do they lay good eggs? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom