How many Ducks does everyone have.

Pics
Hi I'm new here and just learning to post. I have few questions.

I have a female Pekin and a male Khaki. They are mating quite often though I'm not sure if they are mating effectively due to the size difference. Also I've heard it should get more females. How do I go about doing that? How do I safely add in more ducks? If I get ducklings what if I get another male?if I got ducklings now will I need to wait until spring to put them in the outside pen?

Hi :) I started out with 6 mixed from the store this Spring and after a nasty coon attack went down to 2. Im now back up to 10. I let my original 2 (1 female and 1 Cayuga male) and the first new 7 (1 Khaki Campbell drake and 6 Silver Appleyard hens), all older than my first 2, go a day without food and then put them out together with the food. I also adopted a Runner whos flock was attacked and it turned out to be male. He blended in just fine even with a wound. The male and female would be fine together. Dont add too many males. 3 males to my 7 hens is too much. While they get along now for the most part its been a challenge of separation and territory along the way. I also thought about getting a few babies in the Spring and Ive been told by many the

Older ones dont mind the babies much at all. Just make sure theyre definitely old enough to be outside anyway and have enough space. Mine have different nooks and places they can go be alone if wanted. Also, give them time! :) It may take a couple weeks for them to figure out who belongs where :)

Why hello to my fellow duck owner members. I'm completely new to this thread. I'm from Northwest Indiana aka Indiana thread, but thought I would branch out more and make more friends :) .
Let's see what I have, for as I keep adding to my flock (while my hubby keeps wanting to cut me off LOL).

3 Peking drakes & 6 hens
1 Blue Swedish drake & 3 hens
2 Crested white hens
2 Buff Orpington hens
1 Snowy Call drake & 2 hens
3 Muscovy drakes & 4 hens
3 Cayuga hens
& 12 eggs (Peking & Muscovy eggs - no mix breeding, that my broody Muscovy (Minnie) is laying on.
Total / 30 not including the 12 eggs

I originally just started with 5 Peking ducks for that they were my birthday present from my mother in March but after I received them, I just wanted more :) . So with the first 5, my wonderful husband got to work and made a pond for the birthday ducks. Well a month went by and more ducks came, so we decided to extend the pond more so everyone had enough space, plus my husband thought a channel would be a nice addition, so he made two separate ponds that are now connected by the channel, which has a waterfall in one of the ponds.
With all the ducks I have, I also have chickens as well, LOL. I believe there's 25 (3 roosters included in that).

Last edited:
Hi, I'm FFN and I have 32 chocolate Muscovies.
1f601.png

I hatched 2 sets in my incubators and the adult ducks went broody and hatched 2 sets themselves (and continue to be broody to this day).

Last edited:
I have
8 silver appleyards
1 white appleyard
1 peking
1 mallard
1 fawn and white runner
1 cayuga
6 anconas
2 silver welsh harlquins
3 black magpies
4 blue magpies