2 eggs from the free range chickens
cool.png

Tuesday

2 eggs

1 egg from the control group
hmm.png

1 egg from the free range chickens
tongue.png

Ya it rained a good part of the morning nothing hard just enough to turn on the wipers after 5 miles but it did get everything slick and the chickens wet as thy did not sit under cover and followed suit with the ducks and guise
rant.gif

Tuesday
5/15

It's raining out the ice storm is just now getting here getting everything slick went down and gave the chickens some fresh water they were out playing in it instead of being inside.

6 out of 6 eggs nearly every day! It has been below zero temps but coop remains about 32 degrees. Feeding fermented grains and veggies and they love it and i love the beautiful, huge, brown eggs!!!:

6/14 this morning. Changed feed yesterday to a ground layer mix. Hopefully they will not get thrown off by it. I noticed some blood in the coop today. Didn't see any open wounds on anyone though.

2/4 with another on the nest! They have 6 nests to choose from but they all like to share that nest. They have laid in 3 others here and there if they become impatient but they will usually just "tattle" on the other hen when I come outside. They are pretty dedicated to one nest for some reason. Haha. But I think the one laying on there now (the BR) is the one who gave me a soft shelled yesterday. I'm hoping for a good egg today!! One Maran has already laid for the day and the other seemed to be "tattling" so I'm hoping she hops on after and we get all 4 today. My EE has been on the nest a few times the last few days but still no egg from her, so let's hope it's today!!!

Back
Top Bottom