How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Thats good news on your Marans (well maybe not so much on the colour if you were after chocolate colour, but raspberry sounds amazing - we need a pic!), how old are they again Penny? My 2 are 23 weeks.
Only got 1 silkie egg yesterday - none of my 3 layers - very odd!

Have to see if they lay this morning the egg was eaten for breakfast by the Son just asked him to empty the compost this morning

@llombardo Hope you can get that run fixed quickly, I wouldn't want a bunch of grown chickens in my house. Nice that you had cages/kennels to put them in though.

I belonged to a knitting forum. They other knitters were knitting sweaters for chickens. Because they didn't have any feathers because the other chickens had pecked them all off. I couldn't tell them chickens don't need sweaters. Remember dumb can be fixed stupid is forever.
They DO need feathers though! The people knitting sweaters for bare chickens because other chickens had pecked them clean need to figure out what they are doing wrong.

Apparently my girls have been doing 1 per day. But it looks like both Aria and Betty finally laid their first egg. Approximately 31 weeks old. Lana still hasn't laid.

@llombardo Hope you can get that run fixed quickly, I wouldn't want a bunch of grown chickens in my house. Nice that you had cages/kennels to put them in though.

They DO need feathers though! The people knitting sweaters for bare chickens because other chickens had pecked them clean need to figure out what they are doing wrong.

Apparently my girls have been doing 1 per day. But it looks like both Aria and Betty finally laid their first egg. Approximately 31 weeks old. Lana still hasn't laid.

That was a joke. If I couldn't explain that chickens don't need sweaters I'm pretty sure I couldn't explain molting. These were "rescued" chickens. Probably initiated by someone like my nosey neighbor. I tried to explain about chicken metabolism to no avail. Another bunch of Tree Huggers.

Been busy here all morning making 4 loaves of bread, fresh mustard green pesto.. with fresh basil, parmesan cheese and black pepper dry in a jar that goes in the freezer hydrate with olive oil as needed also making ham and bean soup for dinner. Went cleaned both coops trimmed Muds top knot she was so good for it sold every egg I had last night two of my most reliable customers showed up 2 - 18 to one 2 - 12's plus a banty to the other cleaned me out but girls handed me 7 before breakfast

I got 10 out of 12 today!
20181129_180707.jpg

Back
Top Bottom