How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Is it typical for them to stop laying at 1?
I don't think so. They were laying every single day and they are one of the best layers so it has me stumped. I've had some soft eggs but don't know which bird they are from. They always have plenty of calcium so I'm just not sure what's going on.

3 for 3 today!
wee.gif

16/19 yesterday, 14 today... day 22 for hatch, nothing visible before dark, Ms Broody is way back on her nest and as flat as a pancake!

gig.gif
anyone who thinks that a beak pinch hurts should stay away from parrots! a chicken beak is nothing compared to the can opener effect of a hook bill!
hit.gif
getting kicked or flogged by a rooster is another story...one of my boys kicked me so hard I thought he broke my shin... HE did break HIS toe... knucklehead...now he's gimpy with a crooked toe. I tried to splint it, but it didn't work well and he didn't like it. he's much better behaved since.

Last edited:
16/19 yesterday, 14 today... day 22 for hatch, nothing visible before dark, Ms Broody is way back on her nest and as flat as a pancake!

gig.gif
anyone who thinks that a beak pinch hurts should stay away from parrots! a chicken beak is nothing compared to the can opener effect of a hook bill!
hit.gif
getting kicked or flogged by a rooster is another story...one of my boys kicked me so hard I thought he broke my shin... HE did break HIS toe... knucklehead...now he's gimpy with a crooked toe. I tried to splint it, but it didn't work well and he didn't like it. he's much better behaved since.
i bet he is haha

Thisis my first time havimg chickens. i have 23 hens amd are only averaging about 9- 11 a day for ovet a month now. any suggestions? is this normal?

8 eggs so far, lots of girls sitting... but I have 2 of 3 hatched so far!
fl.gif
hoping the 3rd hatches...!

Broody Mama... such a wonderful bird! love her so...
celebrate.gif
second to hatch! little EE
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
first to hatch all fluffed up and dry, BR x EE

Back
Top Bottom