How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

12/19(?)

I got 12 in one day!
woot.gif

4 out of 5 chickens but 2 are broken and later eaten by my Langshan (?misspelled?)
We added 1 larger nesting box to make 3 in total. My Langshan has claimed this box and eats the eggs that are there if one of the other chickens lay one earlier (same day). She doesn't eat her own eggs. I do collect them daily. Unfortunately she is the bottom of the pecking order. Do you think she getting revenge?
She does get plenty of food and fresh herbs daily. Her yolks are so orange and rich tasting. I save her eggs for baking and what ever I am bake comes out perfect.

Because she is bottom she doesn't get to eat as much as the other hens or maybe eats. last. I had a hen who was bottom and her egg shells were weak (we gave oyster shell) and she would always break her shell and eat it. I gave her to someone else that didn't have birds hoping she could be top bird. but her shells never got stronger.

Congrats on the first egg... That's a great feeling.... Unless your procrastinating husband fails to get the coop built before that monumentous occasion and you find said first egg hiding in your closet of the spair room that was turned into brooder with YOUR FOOT!!! :lau

Back
Top Bottom