How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Oh, I keep feeding them and they just keep laughing at me.....and not laying eggs. Then 3 of my Buff Brahma chicks turned out to be RIR cockerels. I figured I had a problem when they didn't have feathers on their legs - tried to talk the folks on the Backyard Brahma thread into reassuring me that they were a rare and endangered species - the elusive Buff Bald-footed Brahmas, but to no avail! Finally found a hatchery that still had a few, ordered them, and paid $3.00 more for shipping than I did for the order, including paying the extra for pullets and Marek's vaccine. This too, shall pass! I"m a tree, I can bend!
Oh shoot......so sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Buff Bald-footed Brahmas.............
lau.gif

So far, my Buff Orp pullet, the only one I got, my future broody has a red comb at 4 weeks old (obviously a cockerel ), and one of my White Leghorn pullets is also a cockerel!

I'm glad you were able to find some more Brahmas....and you are right "this to shall pass"
old.gif
(my favorite mantra!)

Thanks!
I have a "Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator Model 4200" with forced air fan kit & automatic egg turner included" by Farm Innovators. I bought it at Buchheit's (Farm & Home) store. It can hold 48 eggs.
I have the exact same one with forced air and fan......you are doing better than me with it!

6/6/7.... Seventh is sitting on a nest of 5... I'll candle again in 2 days... If I'm over this flu... Don't want to contaminate them... Now here's a question al...... Once they hatch, or are proven dead.... What's the safest way to keep the babies safe if they are all in the same coop until the new one is built? Chicken wire? Bring them inside with mommy? Ideas please

Back
Top Bottom