How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I have nine layers right now because my tenth is Broody. They are never consistent. The only one I can rely on to give me an egg every day is my little Easter egger/Leghorn. She just started laying and she has given me a pretty blue egg 11 days in a row. :(Otherwise I get about four eggs out of nine layers.:(:(:(

Last edited:
6/10/13

Usual suspects, again. The recovered broodies are waiting to surprise me.

For purposes of counting I'm "retiring" three that don't lay much, but when they do it'll be a bonus :)

We have gone from getting 6 or 7 per day from 8 layers to 2 per day.
sad.png

I know why 3 have stopped laying, because they are molting and one of those has just sat on and hatched 2 eggs.
big_smile.png

We have by accident of birth ( we thought he was a she) now got 2 roosters. The younger one has got a little harem, but Elvis, the senior roo seems to have stopped being "a man" with his girls. There is not much fighting going on between them, just the odd scuffle now and again.

Is there a possibility that because we have the 2 roos, the girls have stopped laying? They are all between a year and 18 months old, and as it is comming in to summer now, should be at full production surely?

Any advice?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom