How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Got 2 eggs out o
Our 2 oldest (by 9 weeks) have been granted pet status. The others have to earn their keep. We only have a small amount of space.
1 today. Been stormy though.
i refresh my flock about every three years. I only have 4 ( sometimes 5) And get 1 or 2 eggs daily these days. I am in the middle of a refresh now. My hens will possibly stay til November. My babies should start laying in February. I have frozen several dozen eggs to tide me over the winter. I give my extra hens and chicks to a friend’s son who homesteads and he gives me a few processed chickens in return.

Got 2 eggs out o

i refresh my flock about every three years. I only have 4 ( sometimes 5) And get 1 or 2 eggs daily these days. I am in the middle of a refresh now. My hens will possibly stay til November. My babies should start laying in February. I have frozen several dozen eggs to tide me over the winter. I give my extra hens and chicks to a friend’s son who homesteads and he gives me a few processed chickens in return.
How do you freeze the eggs?

All in one nest box :rolleyes:
IMG_20231023_123745952.jpg

The discoloration is from my hands, as I was picking older leaves off my collards to feed to the flock.

Edit: I found one more, freshly warm about 4:00pm! 🥚🥚🥚🥚

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom