How many Eggs did you Sell today?

None, but I did give a dozen to the applience repair guy the insurence co. sent out. A power surge took out our freezer,water heater, microwave, and my wife's whirlpool bath(she's handycapped and needs it for therapy). Been over a week without hot water. Arrrg.

Last edited:
Where do you guys all sell? I tried to sell at a flea market yesterday. Just trying to get rid of them along with some other stuff. No one even LOOKED at them and I marked them cheap! I just don't get it because I live in a depressed area, too! (I do plan to sell at my house soon, just need to get signs done)

Quote:
I take orders from co-workers. But everyone seems to need them at the same time. I think I have someone new who will take a dozen a week. I know I have an order for 2 dozen on Monday. I did only have 10 layers but now the pullets have started and we are gettting as many as 21 a day. I was using the pullet eggs and giving a few to a friend low on cash.I will still help her with a dozen every other week because I know with 28 hens laying I will have extras. We also have 39 5 weeks old. (One may not make it as she has a cross beak).

Quote:
I take orders from co-workers. But everyone seems to need them at the same time. I think I have someone new who will take a dozen a week. I know I have an order for 2 dozen on Monday. I did only have 10 layers but now the pullets have started and we are gettting as many as 21 a day. I was using the pullet eggs and giving a few to a friend low on cash.I will still help her with a dozen every other week because I know with 28 hens laying I will have extras. We also have 39 5 weeks old. (One may not make it as she has a cross beak).

I work all by myself. I just hope I can sell at my house.

Quote:
If you are on a main or a road that gets a lot of traffic maybe you could put a sign out front. I am surprised you did not get flea market traffic. Maybe you could do something flashy to draw people in. Not sure what that would be...

kuntrygirl wrote:Jen4, we need to get those eggs sold. What can we do to help? How is the making of the sign coming along?

Well the board is still outside... its rained the past 2 days, so I guess now we have to let the board dry then slap the words Eggs For Sale in paint. There WILL be a sign in my yard THIS WEEK
big_smile.png

Quote:
I answered and posted this on another thread, so forgive me to those who have already read it. It talk about how I sell my eggs and how I get customers. I hope that this helps.

***********************************************************From another post........

First of all, I'm a "talker", so I love meeting and talking to people. I'm a very frugal person who likes to recycyle, so when I'm out talking and trying to hustle to find things things to recycle to use for my little farm and around the house, I come in contact with many people. They always ask me what will I do with whatever item that I'm recycling. It's always about my farm and my animals. Then they ask what kind of animals do I have and then I tell them. When I tell them that I have over 100 chickens, they ask do I sell the eggs and I tell them yes. Their next statement is that they love fresh farm eggs and would love to start eating fresh eggs again. After that, we exchange information and they begin calling when they need eggs.

An example of how I connect with so many people. I was looking for gallon buckets for feed, so I called around to the Wal Mart bakery department and other bakery shops and asked if I could get a few gallon buckets. They said yes. When I went to get the buckets, they asked what was I going to do with the buckets and I told them that I was going to use the buckets to hold chicken feed. Well, guess what the next question was. You guessed it. They ask do I sell my chickens eggs. I got 2 customers from the Wal Mart bakery.

Another example - Went to the bread store to ask for the expired bread for treats for my chickens. The lady at the bread store was so happy to get rid of the old but still good bread. She asked me did I sell my chickens eggs and I told her yes. Guess what? Another customer.

Another example- I post ads on the Freecycle yahoo groups for egg cartons. People contact me to let me know that they have empty egg cartons. When I go to pick up the empty egg cartons, they ask me what do I plan on doing with the cartons. I tell them that I sell eggs and I need the cartons for my customers. They ask how much do I sell my eggs for and begin telling me that the eggs in the store do not taste like the farm fresh eggs and would love to get some fresh eggs. Well, guess what? Another customer.

And the list goes on and on and on. I just hope I continue to be as lucky to get new customers and keep the customers that I have. I live in Louisiana and everyone here loves to cook, so many of my customers use the eggs for baking. Unfortunately, I only sell my eggs for $1.50. That is the going rate in my neck of the woods. I wish I could get more but I don't think so. You may want to find out what the going rate for eggs in your neck of the woods.

I have a few elderly people (70+ years old and older) who are on a fixed income, so I sell my eggs for $1.00 a dozen just for them.

Large or small orders, I sell them all for the same price. I have a lady that was having a family reunion during the Labor Day weekend and she needed 10 dozen eggs but I only sold them for $1.50 per dozen. I had thought about selling them for more but I didn't.

Quote:
Well the board is still outside... its rained the past 2 days, so I guess now we have to let the board dry then slap the words Eggs For Sale in paint. There WILL be a sign in my yard THIS WEEK
big_smile.png

Jen? What about buying a colored poster from Wal Mart. I think they cost less than a dollar. You could have it laminated, so when it rains, you don't have to worry about it getting wet. You could get a nice neon color to make it stand out. Something like bright orange, lime green, bright yellow. How about getting on your computer and making some cute signs with chickens, eggs, etc. on it. You could print it out in color. You could glue those signs on your board. Once done, you could have it lamenated. Just a thought. I'm trying to think of things to help you get those eggs sold. I think this could be less than $10.00 to have all of this made.

Back
Top Bottom