How many Eggs did you Sell today?

A new customer that I "thought" was buying my eggs for himself and his family has been "re-selling" my eggs at a higher price. He let it slip out yesterday. SERIOUSLY ???? REALLY?????? :smack

He will have to find another "supplier" because that was his first and last eggs from me.

We'll see what the next egg story will be for the week.

KGirl, you are not having a good week with your customers. Feeling real bad for you. Maybe tomorrow will be better.:he

Well, I knew that I would have another story before the end of the day. I cannot believe people. To make a long story short, someone requested to buy some fertile guinea eggs. The scheduled day to meet was today at 3:30 PM. Well, for some reason or another the person that was designated to meet "got confused" and thought that I was going to meet them tomorrow morning and did not show up today at 3:30 pm. I texted her to let her know what I was driving. I get a call from her asking me about tomorrow morning. I was like, "HUH". Tomorrow morning??????? I confirmed our meeting time WITH HER for TODAY at 3:30PM !!!!!!!! I did not confirm in the morning. So she was not at the meeting place nor was she anywhere close by. My last words to her were, "Well tell him that he will have to find another person to buy guinea eggs from" and I hung up the phone. Then the guy calls me with a long explanation, blah blah blah. I do not want to hear the sad story. He asked if we could re-schedule and my final word was, "NO". I told him that I am done with this transaction and I do not re-trace my steps. My schedule is VERY tight and every minute and second is crucial. This incident may sound like it's really not that important but I am so tired of GROWN ADULTS, not following through and getting "confused". I have TERRIBLE OCD, so when my plans change course, it affects me in a terrible way. Especially when I am dealing with "responsible" adults. :mad:

Can anything else happen? :idunno

A new customer that I "thought" was buying my eggs for himself and his family has been "re-selling" my eggs at a higher price. He let it slip out yesterday. SERIOUSLY ???? REALLY??????
smack.gif

He will have to find another "supplier" because that was his first and last eggs from me.

Why does it matter as long as they are paying the price you are asking? I have an older gentleman that stops by every Thursday for 50 dozen for his own egg route. I get my farm price, he marks them up, makes a little extra for delivery and everybody is happy.

I found a small specialty grocery store that wants to carry my farm eggs; I really don't want to get in the habit of driving all over making deliveries, particularly since I am heading into retirement this spring. It will work out well, I think. I have about 7-10 dozen per week above what I need for me and my friends, and the store is willing to take any and all I have at $2.60/dozen. Works for me, I will never get rich off of this hobby, I love the chickens and if they can earn a few percent of their feed costs, I am happy.

A new customer that I "thought" was buying my eggs for himself and his family has been "re-selling" my eggs at a higher price. He let it slip out yesterday. SERIOUSLY ???? REALLY?????? :smack

Why does it matter as long as they are paying the price you are asking?  I have an older gentleman that stops by every Thursday for 50 dozen for his own egg route.  I get my farm price, he marks them up, makes a little extra for delivery and everybody is happy.

He LIED to me and I HATE A LIAR!!!! He told me that he wanted fresh eggs for his family to eat. When in fact, he was stocking up on eggs to stock up his friend's grocery store with marked up prices. So why lie about your intentions?

I sold three dozen last week. I'm only getting about 32 eggs a week right now out of fourteen hens. I'm hoping the longer days and warner weather will spur an increase of production.

I sold 8 dozen today at work and Teresa took in 2 dozen to her work and sold those @ $3.00 a dozen. One guy called me from home where he was taking the day off and actually came in to the office to get his eggs. He made me promise that I'd save him a dozen. Not too hard this week because a lot of people were out on vacation for spring break here. But still, my co-workers see me coming with my Trader Joe's grocery bag and they come a running. In normal weeks I swear they can be gone before my computer boots up. No lie.

It depends on the week. Sometimes I only sell a couple dozen, other weeks, I can't keep enough the eggs in my fridge for more than a minute. Come'on girls, lay me some eggs!

Back
Top Bottom