How many people have buff Orpingtons

I want to ask a question for all the buff orp owners. What type of feed do you feed your girls/ guys.
After our chicks reach 6 months old, we switch from 20% crumbles and feed:
Laying Pellets (16 to 20%) - We keep Laying Pellets Available 24/7
and Chicken Scratch - in small amounts - Scratch is fed only as a treat.
(We fill a 16 oz cup daily and feed 10 to 12 mature birds)

After our chicks reach 6 months old, we switch from 20% crumbles and feed: Laying Pellets (16 to 20%) - We keep Laying Pellets Available 24/7 and Chicken Scratch - in small amounts - Scratch is fed only as a treat. (We fill a 16 oz cup daily and feed 10 to 12 mature birds)
Thank you. This is the first batch of chicks I have had to raise to mature laying age and I was trying to do things as organic as possible. They were started off with manna pros organic chick started that came in a 5 pound bag, was costing to much. I have now switched to a starter grower feed with less protein.

So far I've had one: Biscuit.

She was given to me as an adult by a friend who is involved in an animal rescue group. She has never really gotten along with the others and tended to go and do her own thing. Which meant I had to go get her out of a tree or off a shelf. She brooded a clutch of Turken cross eggs (stole them from my two Turkens) and hatched all of them. All but one where taken by predators and only one roo, Peregrine, remains.
A month ago she started picking fights with the other hens and so I had to move her out to the goat shelter where she is visited daily by one of the Brown Leg Horns.

Here's her with the hen she came with.

Trying to hide from me and not have to go into the coop.

I am getting 5 buff orpington chicks today , any suggestions ? I also have 5 children ages 6mos to 12 yrs
im super excited and new to the chicken thing :)

I have 2 buff orpington chicks, almost 2 weeks old. Their names are Rosie and Edith. So far I love their little personalities!

I have one buff Orpington named Miss puffy! She Is the Most silly hen I have! She likes to try to eat my hair! She is one year old

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom