How messy are doves and pigeons?

I agree! Just how tame are they?
It all depends on you. When you get them, I can try to help you with that.
smile.png

Well, by taming them properly. Ummmm... I've never hear that, but maybe.
Anyways, when the next bird mart opens, I'll give them a try and spend time with them first, then I'll let you know if I have them or not.

Ringnecks frailer dustier pickier messier generally n project poop outward more. Better as aviary and cage birds with cortnix quail as about same in keeping n ability to fly land and perch. Lol
They are adorable though love them. I've trained some groups of them n quail to free range and return when trained.

My honest opinion about ring neck doves is they would be lucky to find their way back home from around the corner.That is why magicians use them in their act they can nof find their way of of a pocket. They are weak fliers compared to Racing and Homing pigeons and more prone to fall to predators if one dared to let them free fly. Their instincts are to mate and breed in more of an isolated paired setting (they avoid colonies). They will cross breed with a regular pigeon in some cases but the off spring are usually mules and can not reproduce. Most often the ring neck dove is smaller and will be bullied by other larger breeds of pigeons and do not get along well with them in the same loft.

"Go with Homers or Racing Pigeons you will not be SORRY".
So I should get homing/racing pigeons and not ringneck doves? If so, why?

My honest opinion about ring neck doves is they would be lucky to find their way back home from around the corner.That is why magicians use them in their act they can nof find their way of of a pocket. They are weak fliers compared to Racing and Homing pigeons and more prone to fall to predators if one dared to let them free fly. Their instincts are to mate and breed in more of an isolated paired setting (they avoid colonies). They will cross breed with a regular pigeon in some cases but the off spring are usually mules and can not reproduce. Most often the ring neck dove is smaller and will be bullied by other larger breeds of pigeons and do not get along well with them in the same loft.

"Go with Homers or Racing Pigeons you will not be SORRY".
So I should get homing/racing pigeons instead of ringneck doves?

Back
Top Bottom