how much do you charge for your eggs?

I love that vid! I sent it to a friend of mine without prefacing it and she asked why the baby was feeding boogers to the chicks! HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Yeah, Cheerios. I get trampled for Cheerios. Someday there will be a smell from my backyard. They will find my dead flat trampled rotten body holding an empty Cheerios box, surrounded by ducks and geese and chickens WAITING for their next victim..

*edited for apalling spelling*

Quote:
LOL!!
lol.png
big_smile.png
lol.png

I sent this topic to my wife to read... she'll totally love that!!!

Hi chicken owners. I live on the island of Newfoundland Canada, I sell my excess eggs for 2 dollars a dozen,just to help with my feed cost. I could get $2.50-$3.00 if I tried.
Ray

I am in the UK. I don't really charge for eggs, because I use them for sucking up to the neighbours really, plus I only have 2, so we eat the vast majority of them.

The people down the road sell their own free range duck eggs for 80p/6 in their little shop, which is really cheap as in the supermarket they are more like £1.80/6. They know perfectly well that they are losing money on them, but they are pets
smile.png
Organic hens eggs sell for about £1.70/6, and coloured eggs (yes, sold in the supermarket!) for £1.45.

Hey Kerry, Can I put an order in for 2 dozen of them eggs of yours. At that price they gave got to be good. LOL:lol:

I'm getting $3.50 a dozen and could/will raise my prices. I put the money each month into the egg can and after 6 months I ended up with $125.00 (this started disappearing this winter when the ladies slowed waaaay down). This was after buying a couple of bags of overpriced non soy containing organic feed every 1.5 months. When they free range it really cuts my purchased feed bill. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and the folks who buy organic food only demand is great. Most of my customers are recommended by other customers who appreciate my efforts to go organic with the girls and the garden they get green stuff from. I know that I didn’t figure in time and all the extras but I can't price out the money they save me by keeping me off the shrinks couch. And the majority of my customers are hospital employee's and at my job. This winter when the girls slowed down boy did I get the 'I need my real eggs; the store bought organic things are not the same anymore'. They tell me I did this to them so produce the eggs buddy.
big_smile.png
I'm up to 18 layers now with the ones I just got from Rae (wolfy shawdow spirit) and only one of those ladies have started to lay. Also the blue/green eggs and chocolate brown eggs really make the folks want to hand over the bills..
lol.png
lol.png

Norm in N. CA

Back
Top Bottom