how much do you charge for your eggs?

I have been charging $2.50 per doz for med brown eggs with my own containers. The chickens free range and are fed from our garden ect and the yolks even in winter are still very dark orange. Med brown eggs in the grocery store are $2 and dont taste half as good! The people who purchase from me are fine with the price.

I charge one customer $2.00 and the following week he wanted to pay me $3.00-4.00 a dozen but I told him no. My customers after him pay $3.00 a dozen. My chickens are self sufficient and we have to eat store bought eggs because we don't have enough eggs for us and the customers come first! I'm in upstate NY in the country and I believe I'm the only one with fresh eggs!

Last edited:
I recently found this thread and I too am looking on what price I need to set for my eggs. I love all the input here, but do have a request to make. If you don't have your general location listed in your profile could you please tell us where you live in your post? So many of you are saying "we get XXX dollar here" but I have no idea where "here" is!
big_smile.png
I really like seeing what others are getting for their eggs! Thanks so much!

I charge one customer $2.00 and the following week he wanted to pay me $3.00-4.00 a dozen but I told him no. My customers after him pay $3.00 a dozen. My chickens are self sufficient and we have to eat store bought eggs because we don't have enough eggs for us and the customers come first! I'm in upstate NY in the country and I believe I'm the only one with fresh eggs!
What do you mean by self sufficient? You don't feed them at all? Is that possible by just letting them out of the cage they eat and don't need any food from you anymore?

I charge $5.00 but I only use soy-free organic feed and my chickens free range. I sell all I have, and have a waiting list!

Last edited:
Seriously!?! You're a better person that me because there is no way I would ever buy eggs at the store when I have my own chickens!!! Store eggs taste like crap and I don't want to feed my family crap. Thus, the reason for buying chickens in the first place!! :)

I get $2.00 a dozen here. Wal-mart has large white grade "A"'s for $1.88 a dozen. Yes...my eggs are better and w/o antibiotics but there are some that prefer going "cheep, cheep, cheep"!
wink.png

Last edited:
I get $2.00 a dozen here. Wal-mart has large white grade "A"'s for $1.88 a dozen. Yes...my eggs are better and w/o antibiotics but there are some that prefer going "cheep, cheep, cheep"!
wink.png

There are more and more people waking up to fact that factory raised eggs are not as good as free range, antibiotic / hormone free eggs. If you have a Farmers Market in your area, maybe you could try selling them there for $3.00/dz. Once you get a customer base you will always be able to get your eggs sold. (BTW.. Our Walmart sells Organic eggs for $4.88/dz, so there has to be a market for them out there..)

Back
Top Bottom