How much do you think it would cost to build a 10' x 10' chicken coop?

We built my chicken coop out of stuff we found laying in the alley and on vacant lots. Election time is a great time to collect coop materials. Politicians put up a lot of signs that they never seem to take down afterward. Especially if they lose.

My hens live in the Obama "Hope" coop. Hope they lay eggs.

My chickens have no idea nor do they care that they are living in a ghetto coop.

Rufus

thanks everyone for the tips I will do some more searching around and see what I can come up with
thumbsup.gif

I have a run made with dog kennel panels, and it works great. Just remember always go square and not rectangle. two dog kennels is 8 ten foot panels. 1 wide and 3 long =10x30=300sq ft. 2 wide and 2 wide= 20x20=400sq ft. same material, 100 more sq ft! I keep 20-25 laying hens in a 6x8 coop. I had the windows, and the lumber and roofing was less than $300. I'll try to post a pic for you tomorrow.

I have a run made with dog kennel panels, and it works great. Just remember always go square and not rectangle. two dog kennels is 8 ten foot panels. 1 wide and 3 long =10x30=300sq ft. 2 wide and 2 wide= 20x20=400sq ft. same material, 100 more sq ft! I keep 20-25 laying hens in a 6x8 coop. I had the windows, and the lumber and roofing was less than $300. I'll try to post a pic for you tomorrow.

I have thought about that also it would probably be cheaper to get the panels...thanks :)

I used some materials I had here, some wood, metal roofing and such, but still have a thousand dollars in it. If you don't count the run. That is a $369 dog run from I bought TSC 2 years ago.

I bought my dog kennel panels used from a CL ad. I think we paid $100 for 6, 10'x6' panels and two have doors.
thumbsup.gif
They're the heavy chain link style -- they weigh a ton -- but it makes for a nice run.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom