How much should I charge for chicken care services?

Good to see you taking the step forward. Reminds me of when I was a kid ... some Time ago lol. Have you thought about dog sitting/walking as well? A friend of mine does this where she sleeps and cares for animals while the owners are on vacation.

What a great idea! I can tell you I'd be willing to pay more then $10 a day to have somebody trustworthy take care of my birds when I'm gone.

Biosecurity is something to consider, it would be easy to track and spread stuff from coop to coop. Probably would be a very good idea to at least disinfect shoes after leaving each property.

What a great idea! I can tell you I'd be willing to pay more then $10 a day to have somebody trustworthy take care of my birds when I'm gone.

Biosecurity is something to consider, it would be easy to track and spread stuff from coop to coop. Probably would be a very good idea to at least disinfect shoes after leaving each property.
Thanks, I'll prepare different shoes for each coop. Or, bring some disinfectant.

Excellent, I can't get my 20 year old to collect eggs much less clean a poop board. I don't know you but I am proud of you, your hard work will pay off literally lol. I'd also hire you for 10$ a day that's cheap.

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay $5 or $10 per day feed and water only. Eggs go to the collector to do what they want--sell--eat--give away. I have about 20 birds in 2 pen/runs. This is a low pay area.

You should keep any eggs collected. In the medication section, it would be good to consult with the owner before buying any meds, and to state that the owner will be responsible for purchasing medications. I would not offer to clean any coop for $5. You might run into a 16' x 20' coop that is piled high with cement hard caked poo. You might offer a per square foot cleaning fee, based on inspection of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom